IT Support Analyst
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide second level support to resolve problems with products and applications and perform tracking and documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system. This includes responsibility for performing the setup and maintenance of computer systems by installing and/or upgrading hardware and software. The Support Analyst interacts with third party hardware and/or software vendors by initiating and supporting vendor services as necessary.
- Provides second level support as a member of the Night Shift Team to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (i.e., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly).
- Attempts to resolve and escalating problems as necessary to appropriate resource (e.g., support team, vendor). Identifies recurring problems and escalates to senior staff for prioritization.
- Performs tracking and documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system. Monitors resolution of problems to achieve closure.
- Performs the setup and maintenance of computer systems by installing and/or upgrading hardware and software.
- Performs system backups and ensures integrity of backup media and peripherals. Interacts with third party hardware and/or software vendors by initiating and supporting vendor services as necessary.
- Coordinates meetings with multiple vendors to resolve service failures or issues.
- 4+ years IT experience in a support or operations environment working with PC or client/server platforms and/or hardware; additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- 3+ years Experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
- 2+ years Work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management
- 3+ years Experience working in a large matrixed organization
- 2+ years Lowe's Operations experience
- 3+ years Experience working with third party IT vendors and/or software/hardware suppliers
- 3+ years IT experience in the retail industry
- 3+ years Experience writing technical documentation or standard operating procedures related to IT technical support or deployment
- 2+ years Data Center experience
- 2+ years Network Fiber/Copper troubleshooting experience
- 1+ years ServiceNow experience
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Verbal Communication
- Use of Keyboard and Mouse
- Ability to Lift/Carry 50 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to Stand/Walk at least 50% of the time
- Ability to Sit at least 50% of the time
- Ability to climb and stand on ladders/stairs
- Ability to Reach and Kneel
- Ability to Pull and Push
- Ability to work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat, or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.