IT Infrastructure Engineer I - NetworkApply Now Job ID 1193167BR Date posted 04/27/2017 Location Winston-Salem, NC Location Name Corp Data Ctr - Winston Salem Address 5644 University Parkway Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0032 - Data Center and Cloud Engineer
The Infrastructure Engineer I is primarily responsible for translating business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems. An individual in this role assists in the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems, and also develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments and supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT).
The Infrastructure Engineer I is also responsible for facilitating the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation.
This individual must develop and apply an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls in order to participate in all system development lifecycle phases.
Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services; preparing distribution packages to enable successful rollout of new or existing systems; executing hardware deployment and installation of software systems/interfaces/applications, patch and life cycle management, backups, and disaster protection; collaborating with IT teams and key business partners to troubleshoot systems as appropriate; providing systems incident support as needed; providing post-implementation support to make system enhancements; providing knowledge, information, and updates on new or upgraded services to stakeholders as appropriate
Participates in all system development lifecycle phases by developing and applying an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls; estimating resource requirements for technical design and testing efforts; developing system support plans, schedules, and assignments; assisting in the management of project activities with multiple, concurrent deadlines and schedules; reviewing team deliverables; delivering status reports; identifying and tracking project risks as appropriate; monitoring, and reporting metrics to promote operational health
Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by organizing resources and information; openly sharing information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; seeking performance feedback; adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback
Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area; leveraging an understanding of policies, data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities
This position is responsible for participating in medium to large complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice, security and video information technology solutions.
Some of the unique challenges this position will face include building, evolving and maintaining complex network infrastructure solutions in a large enterprise environment that operates 24/7, 365 days a year. Translation of business requirements into network infrastructure solutions, implementation of network solutions with minimal to no impact to the business while meeting company and industry standards, requirements, policies and regulations.
The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include working knowledge of network related platforms, Cisco ACE, F5 LTM/GTM, Quality of Service (QOS), Routing, Switching, DNS/DHCP, Voice over IP, Ethernet, Wireless, Packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools, Scripting to automate manual functions, Network Management and monitoring tools such as NetMRI, Solarwinds, Netscout, MRTG and Cacti. BlueCoat Proxies / Cisco WSA, Cisco ISE, Cisco NAC, Cisco ASA, Cisco FWSM, VPN Concentrators, NIDS IDS/IPS (wired and wireless), Threat and vulnerability management and remediation activities, Network infrastructure security incident response, Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 2+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• 1+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 2+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• 2+ years experience in the design and implementation of complex network infrastructure solutions.
• 2+ years of experience working with network diagnostic and management tools.
• 2+ years experience in the configuration and management network routers and switches.
• 2+ years experience in firewall and/or security platform design and implementation.
• 2+ years experience working with load balancing technologies.
• 2+ years experience in the design and implementation of IP services, DNS, and/or DHCP solutions.
• 2+ years experience in the design and implementation of VOIP, call center technologies, and or PBX solutions.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
• InfoSys Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP/CISSP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Design Professional or Associate (CCDP/CCDA) certification(s).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We invite you to join our talent communtity — learn about career opportunities, and find out about the latest news and events at Lowe’s.
Looking for (hiring area) or (hiring area) jobs? Lowe's offers a wide range of opportunities for you. Learn more here!
Working hard at Lowe's comes so naturally that it won’t feel like work. Apply today: sm.lowes.com/C4iyqB pic.twitter.com/j3S4gzVznk
Excited about the @MMScomets #Cubist @CityOfMasonOhio mural! Today we are adding @Lowes #workinprogress… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! http://sm.lowes.com/0DoyXg
We are always happy to help schools in any way we can. Read about how we helped Grandview Middle School:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
It's hard to imagine the children of any company's employees having more fun than Lowe's family members did during Thursday's "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day." Hundreds of children participated in activities that went far beyond "shadowing" their mom or dad.
Be part of a team of professionals helping customers create gr8 outdoor spaces. @Lowes Indy #lowesspringhire twitter.com/lowes/status/8…
#NowHiring! Lowe's is looking for Call Center Service Coordinators in Wilkesboro, NC. Apply today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Hardware Department - Full Time Customer Service Associate II Durham, North Carolina Posted on: 05/22/2017
- Paint Department - Part Time Customer Service Associate II Durham, North Carolina Posted on: 05/22/2017
- CSA Front End Dayville, Connecticut Posted on: 05/22/2017
- Flooring Department - Full Time Customer Service Associate II Durham, North Carolina Posted on: 05/22/2017