Delivery CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 1621802BR Date posted 07/12/2019 Location Wilmington, North Carolina Location Name Wilmington, NC (University Centre) Address 354 South College Rd. Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Store Department LWS_STR_Delivery
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Delivery Coordinator, this means:
• Coordinating and supporting deliveries from beginning to end, serving as the expert for answering questions and solving problems related to deliveries.
• Tracking and ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, handled, and delivered.
• Gathering detailed information from customers and conducting safety reviews.
The Delivery Coordinator plays a critical role as gatekeeper and final reviewer of every delivery to ensure our drivers have the necessary information to make a safe delivery and that the needs of our customer have been met. Although some time will be spent physically helping with deliveries, time will also be spent within the system tracking and looking up item availability for deliveries. To be successful, the associate must maintain strong customer, colleague, and vendor relationships, and have a strong knowledge of safety protocols and proper delivery procedures.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• 6 months of delivery experience, for example in a warehouse or retail environment OR 6 months of retail customer service experience.
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
• 1 year of experience working in a retail store OR customer service position.
• 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
• 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, deliveries, or installs.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav