Principal AccountantApply Now Job ID 1532323BR Date posted 01/31/2019 Location Wilkesboro, NC Location Name CSC-Wilkesboro Address 1605 Curtis Bridge Road Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0019 - Customer Payments Accounting
The primary purpose of this role is to capture complex transactions in accounting records and resolve issues to enable accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes responsibility for conducting effective research, managing, tracking, and reporting for accounting transactions to ensure accurate recording in accounting records. In addition, this role executes and designs internal controls over financial reporting, by working independently to apply experienced accounting judgment and advanced knowledge of GAAP, regulatory requirements and merchant processing of credit, debit and gift cards.
• Reviews reports, analysis and reconciliations prepared by Accountants and Senior Accountants to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
• Researches financial transactions across broad and various topic areas to identify complex issues and determine appropriate resolution independently
• Manages projects/initiatives, working with and directing teams across Finance functions to deliver the best solutions to financial issues
• Maintains appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for accounting transactions and entries
• Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
• Partners with team and the business in order to identify transaction issues and procedure improvement opportunities to more-effectively support the needs of the Finance organization
• Mentors and trains lower and mid-level accounting employees in the development of accounting skills, knowledge of key principles, regulations etc.
• Executes specials projects and resolution of non-reoccurring complex accounting issues within the respective area to deliver optimal solutions to financial issues
• Works with external (regulatory and third party) and independent auditors for transactions to provide required data and information to ensure accuracy and alignment
• Applies advanced concepts around internal control design and execution to assist with the design of internal controls over financial reporting to support SOX compliance
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field AND 4-6 years of experience in accounting (public or private) or relevant experience
• Advanced skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
• Demonstrated understanding of advanced GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
• CPA or CPA Candidate
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
RT @Lowes: Lowe's is proud to offer 10% off eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and veterans.
Thank you to all the students who came out! Learn more about our student events here: low.es/2XktrQq 👩🎓👨🎓
When Lowe's heard that Michigan resident Danny Newland's snowblower had been stolen, we knew we had to replace it. It was a snow brainer! Learn more about the story here: sm.lowes.com/LiGeaP
Transitioning from the military can be daunting. Lowe's Executive Vice President, Joe McFarland, knows from first-hand experience. Read this Q&A with him and learn how he made the most of his transition: sm.lowes.com/XLpfsW #TransitioningVeterans #MilitaryHiring pic.twitter.com/j1dc2mhdtJ
A seasonal position at Lowe's can blossom into a rewarding, full-time career. Join our team this #SpringHire season! 🌸 Discover available roles here: sm.lowes.com/irOsUV pic.twitter.com/S6ESJJy509
No winter blues here. Our team in Lowell, MA is all smiles! Discover how you can join the team here: sm.lowes.com/5dykWe #SpringHire pic.twitter.com/Ez8a4hhOhC
Whether you're a rookie or veteran employee, there's room to grow at Lowe's. Discover fresh #SpringHire opportunities and join our team here: sm.lowes.com/SLGeyK pic.twitter.com/XLJpPZxd2i
It's raining cats and jobs! Say hello to Lola, our feline friend in Sulphur Springs, TX. Get a red vest like hers by joining our team right meow! 🐱 #SpringHire #SulphurSprings #Texashttp://sm.lowes.com/3HRNzX pic.twitter.com/Qfid5TmyUO