Accounting CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 1616531BR Date posted 06/26/2019 Location Wilkesboro, North Carolina Location Name Wilkesboro, NC (SSC) Address 1605 Curtis Bridge Road Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Corporate Department LWS_USA_Customer Payments Accounting
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the accurate and timely processing of basic financial transactions leveraging Lowe's systems, processes, and independent judgment. This includes responsibility for ensuring the timely verification and processing of, including but not limited to, expenses, postings, entries, and account balances as well as the maintenance of accurate records. This role provides support to the broader team as needed to assist with the development of the accounting group.
• Ensures appropriate processing of financial activities (i.e. tax returns, transactions, compliance filings, journal entries, payments etc.), reconciliations, and reviews with a focus on routine activities that are simple in nature, with oversight from team members when needed
• Works with systems and processes within applicable area of operation to complete and process day-to-day financial activities
• Communicates with external (regulatory and third party) auditors for transactions to ensure accuracy where applicable
• Researches transactions to identify issues and ensure they are processed correctly, providing accurate and timely resolutions for any discrepancies and/or escalating to accounting senior specialist for completion/review
• Serves as backup resource for Accounting Senior Specialists, Accountants, Accounting Supervisors, Assistant Managers, or Managers as needed to assist in basic financial or functional activities for their teams
• Provides escalation path for issues based on materiality and complexity of incoming inquiries
• Participates in ongoing training to increase efficiency and build accounting skillset
• Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
• H.S. Diploma AND 3 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR
• Associate's Degree AND 1-2 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or related area.
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting concepts (i.e. T-accounts) and financial controls
• Basic proficiency in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav