Team Member - Weekends
Team Members are responsible for receiving, processing, stocking, selecting, moving, and loading by hand or powered industrial equipment manufactured goods received by the distribution center in preparation for shipment to Lowe's retail stores.
- Grasps and lifts by hand (floor to overhead) and carries heavy and/or bulky merchandise.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Uses and verifies accuracy via Laser Radio Terminal (LRT) to receive, process, stock, and select merchandise for shipment, and audit the quality of work performed within the distribution center.
- Operates distribution computers systems as required to efficiently control merchandise flow. Safely operates industrial lift trucks and other motorized and non-motorized equipment to unload trailers, transport, select, stock, and load heavy/large merchandise onto trailers for shipment to the retail stores.
- Places/removes by hand selected merchandise onto/from conveyors, racks, pallets, and into/out of boxes as merchandise is processed.
- Loads and unloads trailers by hand, floor to ceiling.
- Meets safety, accuracy, attendance, and production standards for all assignments.
- Observes incoming and outgoing merchandise for manufacturers' defects and damage.
- Handles merchandise without damaging during processing.
- Maintains assigned work area free of debris and spills using standard cleaning supplies.
- Comply with performance criteria and standards of conduct as provided in applicable policies and procedures.
- Basic math and reading comprehension
- Demonstrated adherence to safety requirements
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Demonstrated track record of good attendance
- Approaches change optimistically; adapts quickly and maintains proficiency in changing work environments
- Communicates and listens effectively
- Can perform detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced working environment
- Able to read and follow instructions and take directions from others
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Effectively prioritizes work and possesses time management skills
- Highly motivated to Operation’s success; goal-oriented
- Able to use spatial reasoning to position product effectively
- Ability to learn new tasks and quickly apply new skill
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.