PI Job Description:
The Performance Instructor (PI) is an FDC Operations Team Member position designed to be the primary facility trainer. This includes new hire training, best methods/job function training, equipment training, and other duties as assigned by the department Coach and Location Manager. When not performing as a PI, the Team Member will perform normal operational functions or participate in assigned special projects under the direction of FDC leadership. The Performance Instructor must be able to teach others and maintain a culture of safety among Team Members to achieve a safe working environment. The Performance Instructor role may be leveraged as a development role for future advancement to coach.
PI Job Functions:
- Become certified as industrial powered equipment trainer
- Maintain excellent Safety performance. Safety or accuracy incidents could result in immediate re-evaluation of PI status.
- Work/train in any established area as assigned and rotate throughout various departments. Lead under the direction of a Coach or other salaried leader.
- Set the example for the department with job functions, best methods, and work ethic.
- Display a positive attitude, promote teamwork, and support the Operations Coach.
- Demonstrate effective leadership in training and safety activities
- Prepare new hires and those who change departments for upward promotion
- Communicate effectively with other Team Members regarding business objectives or current issues
- Identify and assist in implementing process improvements or new training processes.
- Conduct shift briefing, including safety topics, upcoming events and demand for the day as needed
- Perform Operation tasks (receiving, picking product and loading) to assist in accomplishing daily workload
- Attend and participate in required LLC training programs; become certified
- Learn and demonstrate skill on new equipment; become certified
- Learn new skills and become certified in multiple areas in order to rotate within the facility
Minimum Requirements for PI Candidate:
- Certified as industrial powered equipment trainer
- Proven record for complying with safety requirements, and ability to build a culture of safety among others
- Demonstrated ability to train and coach others
- Knowledge of basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attendance must be at 7.5 occurrences or less at the time of the interview.
- A Final warning within 12 months will disqualify a PI candidate (applies to non-attendance warnings)+
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.