Project Specialist - Exteriors
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Project Specialist-Exteriors (PSE), this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and engaging customers in their homes to deliver home improvement project solutions.
• Ensuring merchandise and projects are accurately quoted, sold, and produced.
• Preparing and maintaining project folders according to policy.
The Project Specialist-Exteriors executes sales for home exterior projects. The PSE delivers a superior client experience by accurately assessing customer needs and swiftly creating a final quote/proposal. This associate spends most of his/her time in our customer homes or other locations to discuss project plans. The PSE must be comfortable owning the customer relationship and engaging in conversation to understand customer needs, providing product and project consultation, and overcoming challenges to closing sales.
Travel Requirements: This role requires frequent traveling between customer sites.
What We're Looking For
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning and afternoon availability any day of the week.
• Requires frequent traveling between customer sites.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
Must meet at least one of the below requirements:
• 1 year of experience as a Lowe's Sales Specialist.
• 2 years of residential construction experience (e.g., home building or renovations) AND 2 years of face-to-face sales experience.
• 3 years of residential construction experience (e.g., home building or renovations).
• 3 years of face-to-face sales experience.
Must meet all of the below requirements:
• If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
• Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company requirements.
• Licensure or certification as a Construction Supervisor.
• 2 years of experience using Lowe's or other similar selling systems (e.g., M2O).
• 2 years of in-home or commission-based sales experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.