Team Member - Yard Driver - Day ShiftApply Now Job ID 1496865BR Date posted 12/07/2018 Location Rockford, IL Location Name Lowe's Illinois RDC Address 2801 South Springfield Avenue Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0334 - DC Receiving
- Utilize a yard truck to safely handle the movement of trailers back and forth from yard locations to dock door locations, following direction given from Operations and the yard queue system.
- Follow all yard signage, intersections, and travel paths as directed.
- Communicate with other drivers as needed, for assistance, spotting, or verification of trailer moves. Utilize the radio system in a professional manner.
- Communicate with Supervisor and Transportation Center regularly, in person and via radio, regarding moves, updates, issues, or other needs.
- Ensure product inside trailers remains damage-free, following proper precautions for connecting and detaching from dock doors.
- Ensure yard trucks are maintained daily, including fueling, pre-op checklists, timely reporting of mechanical problems, and maintaining the cleanliness of the truck.
- Drivers may be asked to perform other Operational duties as needed in slow times, inclement weather, or as consistent with the efficient operation of the DC.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- CDL is not required – valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong work ethic and able to work productively with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrated focus on safe behaviors and awareness of environment.
- Be able to operate, or experience operating, a Yard Tractor or Tractor/Trailer and be comfortable backing/maneuvering trailers in size from 28’ to 53’ or willing to be trained.
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions, with appropriate apparel and PPE.
- Ability to work in high traffic/limited space environment.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and team building skills.
- Internal candidates must have no more than 5.5 occurrences at the time of interview.
- Internal candidates who have written disciplinary action within six months and/or final disciplinary action within the last twelve months are ineligible.
- Transfer date may be delayed for Team Members on an active Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
A “Veterans Tree” operated by the employees of the Mountain Home Lowe’s home improvement store will make the holiday season a little brighter for area veterans. Learn why: sm.lowes.com/HeRhzQ pic.twitter.com/JFZsHkmTbn
Excellent Opportunity! Come join a great team. jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
Excellent Opportunity! Apply Today... jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
Immediate Need. Excellent Opportunity. jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
“Lowe’s is continuously working to offset our carbon footprint, and we’re proud to announce today’s commitment to renewable wind energy, a first for our company,” said Chris Cassell, Lowe’s director of corporate sustainability. Learn more here: http://sm.lowes.com/W5z2Pm
We're celebrating the grand opening of our new Direct Fulfillment Center in #Tennessee. Learn what this will mean for our customers: sm.lowes.com/IRTV7w pic.twitter.com/GIW7Rcniam