Campus Recruiting - Field Industrial EngineerApply Now Job ID 1257713BR Date posted 08/31/2017 Location Rockford, IL Location Name Lowe's Illinois RDC Address 2801 South Springfield Avenue Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0302 - DC Supervisors
7owe’s Field Industrial Engineer in Training operates as an integral member of a Distribution Center’s (DC’s) management team, while also being part of a broader team of Engineers across the distribution network. Their primary role is to partner with DC management to drive facility safety, quality, productivity, accuracy, capacity and efficiency. Responsibilities include daily management of engineered standards, reporting, production support, change management, project management, business analysis, budgeting support, facility layout, and product flow.
This position is part of the Lowe’s College Recruiting Program and integrates learning experiences with on-the-job application. It may include rotational or project-based assignments to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. This position includes new employee orientation, Industrial Engineering professional development and technical training that allows the incumbent to experience different aspects of Lowe’s Industrial Engineering and business processes.
To be eligible, you must be a recent college graduate or have an expected graduation date of December 2017 or May 2018 from an accredited four year college/university. This program will start in January and June 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain multi-variable standards, including the performance of time studies, regularly scheduled standard validation, best-method development, documentation and training.
• Build understanding and gain “buy-in” of approved standards by DC personnel.
• Prepare and maintain documentation for each operation describing methods and procedures, engineering notes, engineering records (such as time study data), standards, and pay variable definitions.
• Produce various performance reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Meet weekly as part of the DC management team to keep apprised of issues and opportunities, lending the engineering perspective to guide the facility towards the most ideal and strategic course of action.
• Other responsibilities include: budgeting support, facility layout design, ergonomics, material handling equipment, process improvement, cost-benefit analysis, and capacity analysis.
The candidate must have the ability to assess and discuss the human and organizational impacts of major change on an existing operation and facilitate the exchange of ideas between engineering, management, and associates.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
• Expected graduation date of December 2016 or May 2017
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• 3.0 or above GPA
• Time study experience
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, and Access
• Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus
North Vernon, IN; Pottsville, PA; Pittston, PA; Mount Vernon, TX; Valdosta, GA; Cheyenne, WY; Poinciana, FL; Perris, CA; Garysburg, NC; Statesville, NC; Findlay, OH; Plainfield, CT, Rockford, IL; Lebanon, OR and Rome, GA
Lowe’sCompanies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvementcompany serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States,Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’sand its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement andhardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based inMooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programsthat focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. Formore information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're here with the tools to help you build your next career. See what we have to offer: sm.lowes.com/VR0vMP pic.twitter.com/XQPRRuuIx3
GIANT Bulldog thank you to the @Lowes volunteer heroes. The @YorkESBulldogs campus is B-E-A-utiful! #LowesHeroes… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
We're here to deliver your next career! Apply to become a Non-CDL driver for our team: http://sm.lowes.com/aKXrVi
Sneak preview of the awesome things are happening today @YorkESBulldogs! #LowesHeroes #YESwecan pic.twitter.com/i8SkcguP7W
Interested in a #job in #Mooresville, NC? This could be a great fit: bit.ly/2kZdQ9R #Hiring
Check out our partnership with the Hornets Legacy Project! We've teamed up with the Charlotte Hornets to renovate basketball courts in their community. Read more: http://sm.lowes.com/yY1g8B
Looking for a rewarding career? Click the link in our bio to check out the job opportunities at our call center in Indianapolis, IN. #LowesLife
This #job might be a great fit for you: Senior SQA Automation Engineer - bit.ly/2wZEvos #Mooresville, NC #Hiring