Assistant Operations ManagerApply Now Job ID 1468541BR Date posted 09/29/2018 Location Rockford, IL Location Name Lowe's Illinois RDC Address 2801 South Springfield Avenue Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0301 - DC Managers
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify and resolve any safety issues on the floor and notify the appropriate party for resolution if unable to personally resolve.
- Build a culture of safety in the work environment; complete safety observations.
- Determine the workload (production volume) for the day sent by Corporate; monitor inventory movements in the facility frequently throughout the day.
- Evaluate staffing needs to meet daily demand; determine and request voluntary leave from Team Members for the day (if needed).
- Interview and assist HR in the hiring of personnel; provide input to temporary employee evaluations.
- Mentor and monitor Operations Coaches’ performance; ensure Team Members are executing assigned tasks accurately and as scheduled.
- Set Operations Coaches up for success; achieve or exceed key performance indicators, safety, performance and budget targets.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Coaches regarding business objectives, safety issues, current issues, upcoming events and demand for the day.
- Report to upper management and Corporate key performance and financial figures.
- Identify and assist in implementing process improvements or new processes launched from Corporate (customer focused distribution).
- Build relationships with team members.
- Identify needs for efficient operations, safety issues, and bottlenecks.
- Mentor Operations Coaches for upward promotion; monitor training received by Coaches.
- Expedite receiving, picking and shipping of priority product (e.g. Special Order Express (S.O.E.) or Special Order Sales (S.O.S.)).
- Respond to incidents or injuries with first aid (as trained).
- Ensure Team Members are cross-trained in multiple positions for rotating into those positions when the need arises; Coordinate Performance Instructor (PI) training engagements.
- Ensure team members complete on-the-job new hire training and cross-training under the Distribution Readiness training Program and Powered Equipment Policy.
- Provide for effective and accurate communication of all aspects of operations to all appropriate members of the team.
- Ensure minimum or zero products are damaged when being handled.
- Identify processes that are not in tune with best methods. Monitor feedback from stores to identify potential issues that occur with product handling.
- Proven record for complying with safety requirements, and ability to build a culture of safety among subordinates and peers.
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
- Successfully manages multiple tasks simultaneously; manages resources, time and budgets.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with others.
- Experience and willingness to mentor and coach others.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts among team members and coaches.
- See change as an opportunity; adapts quickly to change, and maintains proficiency in changing work environments.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability; handles stressful conditions.
- Can make solid decisions quickly based on limited information and changing conditions.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex problems; creative problem-solving.
- Strong computer skills; Experience with software applications such as Excel, Access or Lowe’s DMS.
- Effectively prioritizes work and possesses time management skills.
- Highly motivated to excellence and to Operation’s success, as well as own success; goal-oriented.
- Ability to learn new tasks and quickly apply new skill.
- Monitors others process to ensure quality; takes responsibility for quality.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 4-6 years experience in a distribution center, and significant leadership experience.
Participation in a Corporate-led initiative or previous leadership experience in another Lowe’s supply chain network facilities. College degree (Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Business, preferred) or equivalent work experience Bi-lingual skills helpful, if applicable to the facility
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
A “Veterans Tree” operated by the employees of the Mountain Home Lowe’s home improvement store will make the holiday season a little brighter for area veterans. Learn why: sm.lowes.com/HeRhzQ pic.twitter.com/JFZsHkmTbn
Excellent Opportunity! Come join a great team. jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
Excellent Opportunity! Apply Today... jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
Immediate Need. Excellent Opportunity. jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
“Lowe’s is continuously working to offset our carbon footprint, and we’re proud to announce today’s commitment to renewable wind energy, a first for our company,” said Chris Cassell, Lowe’s director of corporate sustainability. Learn more here: http://sm.lowes.com/W5z2Pm
We're celebrating the grand opening of our new Direct Fulfillment Center in #Tennessee. Learn what this will mean for our customers: sm.lowes.com/IRTV7w pic.twitter.com/GIW7Rcniam