Distribution Center Associate - Weekends
The purpose of this position is to receive, put away, pick and ship product within a distribution center. The Operations Team Member is responsible for maintaining quality by properly and safely handling the product using customer focused distribution. The activities performed by a Team Member are instrumental in a facility achieving or exceeding key performance indicator metrics.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work safely while performing tasks and while using equipment (e.g., use proper lifting techniques for handling product, warn team members when moving into high traffic path or maintain safety zone around equipment)
• Handle product accurately and efficiently while receiving, putting away, picking and shipping product in order to contribute to achieving or exceeding demand turn targets for the facility
• Perform tasks in other areas as assigned by the Operations Coach
• Perform tasks to achieve inventory accuracy and quality targets while implementing customer focused distribution
• Achieve or exceed personal performance targets by performing assigned on-standard tasks efficiently and effectively
• Perform safety inspection of equipment prior to use; handle and operate equipment and tools safely
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend and participate in required LLC training programs; become certified
• Learn and demonstrate skill on new equipment; become certified
• Learn new skills and become certified in multiple areas in order to rotate within the facility
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.