Manager SC Safety,Envt&Asset Prot
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to implement and oversee programs in assigned supply chain locations that support each of the following primary areas of the business: (1) environmental, health & safety, (2) inventory shrink, (3) internal Investigations, (4) remote building support , (5) new business growth, and (6) corporate project ownership. This includes responsibility for ensuring that all programs, systems, and policies are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local health and safety regulations and align to established company goals.
• Partner with DFC leadership team to create visibility and ownership around safety, environmental and asset protection related initiatives to drive a culture of health and safety throughout the facility.
• Plan and conduct periodic audits, inspections and walkthroughs of assigned facilities to validate compliance to company standards and local, state, and federal agency regulations including OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
• Manage guard services and performance expectations for all locations of responsibility. This includes the management of all asset protection equipment (CCTV, alarm monitoring, etc.).
• Lead the direction of safety, environmental health, shrink mitigation/training, investigations/interviews for their main location (600-1000 employees) as well as supporting between 3-6 additional locations within their geographic area.
• Support and coordinate facility leadership team to focus on operational activities that optimize the use of equipment, facilities and personnel to minimize exposure to risk in the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Manage internal incident reporting, review and root cause analysis to ensure sustainable solutions are implemented to prevent recurrence of loss (sustainable solutions).
• Serve as the main point of negotiation and response, on behalf of the company, for all regulatory inquires, including but not limited to; OSHA, EPA, Fire Authorities, etc. for primary location and all support locations.
• Analyze incident trends and worker’s compensation claim metrics and performs root cause analysis.
• Serve as project lead on program enhancements for the entire supply chain organization within the afore mentioned verticals (Safety & Environmental, Shrink, Investigations, Support and New Business).
• Participate in peer work teams to drive strategies/programs that reduce risk throughout the Lowe’s Supply Chain, in any of the afore mentioned verticals, to support the requirements of our evolving business.
• Build training content for emergency management and crisis response, safety and environmental, asset protection and new hire orientation. Instructs trainers to present content and occasionally conducts classes.
• Ensure that hazardous materials are properly cleaned and disposed of, in accordance with all applicable regulations.
• Plan and conduct periodic audits, inspections (STOP, Impact Training, Cyber Manager) and walk-throughs of assigned facilities to validate compliance to company standards and local, state and federal agency regulations including OSHA, EPA, and DOT; assists the facility management with developing action plans to address deficiencies.
• Participate in system design planning process for all new equipment adds, existing equipment or process modifications, to reduce the risk of injury and/or regulatory exposure.
• Identify opportunities for internal theft and investigates potential cases within these opportunity areas, proceeding to corrective solutions and training when appropriate.
• Provide leadership and coordination for active internal theft investigations conducted as identified; conducts all dishonesty interviews in assigned facilities and reviews/audits all cases before they go to Investigations team.
• Establish framework that governs the availability, approval, reporting, and overall continuity of safety and shrink data.
• Provide ongoing consultation and direction during the new building stand-up phase, helping to implement and enforce safety and shrink process and programs, helping to monitor these processes and programs and address issues when necessary, and collecting learnings throughout the early phases of the new building (i.e., test and learn).
• Associate Degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health, Risk Management, Engineering, Business or other related degree.
• 5+ years Retail Safety Experience (Distribution or retail stores).
• 1+ years’ experience with a Mass Retailer or other multi-location employer.
• 1+ years warehouse type store and/or distribution center experience.
• CSP, ASP, WSO, ARM Certification.
• OSHA 10 or 30 Hour.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.