Weekend RSS Team Member - Weekends
Position Description The RSS (Receiving Support Specialist) Team Member supports the operation through identifying vendor non-compliance issues concerning LOWE’S Bar Code requirements. Printing labels as required. Identifying master carton and inner pack problems. Ensuring that the DC Problem Tracking Form is completed correctly and investigating and resolving items which are not moving properly due to Vendor Compliance issues.This person is someone responsible for completing the research on PO’s and receiving discrepancies. They would need to answer dock calls from the receiving department with questions In addition, this position will perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Logistics Coach. Position will report to the Logistics Coach.
- Works safely while performing tasks and using equipment (e.g., uses proper lifting techniques for handling product, warns other associates when moving into high traffic path, maintains safety zone around equipment)
- Responds to calls and/or emails from stores requesting information on shipments (e.g., special order sales (S.O.S) or store order express (S.O.E.))
- Prepares labels for associates picking product to be shipped; prints and distributes labels
- Creates receiving schedule and PO packets for the receiving operations team; includes purchase orders, labels and any necessary notes regarding the inbound trailer or product utilizing the Priority Reporting and in-stock levels at stores
- Allocates demand to meet store needs
- Allocates S.O.E (warehouse/store order express) and S.O.S orders to ensure they are shipped by targeted date; checks these orders frequently
- Communicates to stores any inventory discrepancies for S.O.E. orders; allows stores to communicate with customer on product status
- Prepares shift turn-over documentation
- Processes non-stock demand received at facility
- Processes and monitors all special requests communicated through corporate team
- Performs basic maintenance on printers (e.g., loads labels, changes toner, removes jams)
- Monitors waves (i.e., OXD and picking) and communicates any concerns to Planning Coach
- Allocates and monitors Direct to Customer (DTC) and Transfer Orders
- Monitors onsite and offsite storage trailers for demand needs
- Monitors and processes idle demand daily
Physical Job Requirements
- Move throughout all areas of the facility with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand, sit and/or walk continuously with or without reasonable accommodation and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb (ladders, stairs), balance, and/or crouch daily to accomplish work activities.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, dusty or drafty conditions.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level enough to cause marked distraction.
- Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
- Exposure to large, stacked product and fast-moving powered equipment.
- Exposure to varying light levels while transitioning in and out of the building at various times of the work day.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Basic math and reading comprehension
• Demonstrated adherence to safety requirements
• Approaches change optimistically; adapts quickly and maintains proficiency in changing work environments
• Communicates and listens effectively
• Can perform detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced working environment
• Able to read and follow instructions and take directions from others
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Highly motivated to Operation’s success; goal-oriented
• Familiarity with distribution center operations; previous warehouse experience
• Previous power equipment experience (e.g. forklift, reach truck, yard truck)
• Basic Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.