QA Team Member
The RDC Quality Assurance (QA) Team Member is primarily responsible for resolving all inventory discrepancies and process inaccuracies, contributing to successful inventory audits of the facility, and achieving or exceeding performance targets. The QA Team Member performs routine cycle counts of the inventory to ensure the system quantity and physical quantity of product is correct. This role is responsible for researching inventory differences over a certain threshold and reporting issues appropriately. The QA Team Member is also responsible for performing process audits of the entire facility which determine whether Operations and Planning Team Members are performing tasks correctly.
• Performs safety inspection of equipment prior to use; handles and operates equipment and tools safely
• Works safely while performing tasks and using equipment (e.g., uses proper lifting techniques for handling product, warns other associates when moving into high traffic path, maintains safety zone around equipment)
• Researches and resolves inventory discrepancies
• Reports inventory gain or loss over a certain threshold into a database (i.e., holding account)
• Audits processes across the facility to ensure correct process is being utilized and records inaccuracies in a database and reports to QA Coach
• Audits receiving packets daily/weekly to ensure all information is correct and free of discrepancies
• Performs scheduled cycle count of product in the facility; performs recount of product when inventory differences occur
• Reviews damages and repackages inventory
• Works closely with Coaches and associates to correct errors within current shift
• Researches and resolves cancelled picks, picks on hold, and LTSU’s
• Monitors, inputs and adjusts Bulk Distribution Center (BDC)/Appliance Distribution Center (ADC) inventory per inbound deliveries, cycle counts, damages, and discrepancies utilizing Corporate Host System
• Researches and monitors BDC/ADC shrink (holding account) daily
• Responds to store calls and emails regarding delivery questions, claims, damages and discrepancies
• Processes damaged product upon inbound receipt and works with Vendor for credit or return of product
• Manages the Import Carrier/Vendor damage and works with Port Inspection Team on resolution
• Completes Hazmat processing, documentation and storage
• Maintains and communicates Salvage product documentation and pick up
• Documents and communicates with Vendors any Appliance Damaged and Refused inbound product; arranges pickup of product by vendors
• Processes all inhouse damages
• Identifies and resolves any safety issues on the floor and notifies the appropriate party for resolution if necessary
Physical Job Requirements
• Move throughout all areas of the facility with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
• Stand, sit and/or walk continuously with or without reasonable accommodation and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
• Bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb (ladders, stairs), balance, and/or crouch daily to accomplish work activities.
• Operate powered equipment (e.g., forklift, center rider) with continual mounting and dismounting throughout the work day.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, dusty or drafty conditions.
• Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds of a pitch level enough to cause marked distraction.
• Exposure to shaking objects and equipment.
• Exposure to large, stacked product and fast-moving powered equipment.
• Exposure to varying light levels while transitioning in and out of the building at various times of the work day.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Demonstrated track record of good attendance
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills
• Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Post-secondary education
• Experience in distribution center operations
• Experience with software applications such as Excel, Access or Lowe’s DMS system
• Experience managing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously requiring a strong ability to prioritize and manage time
• Experience using troubleshooting processes to resolve problems
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.