Maintenance Coach Wknd DayApply Now Job ID 1238792BR Date posted 07/31/2017 Location Plainfield, CT Location Name Plainfield, Connecticut RDC Address 1421 Lowe'S Way Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0302 - DC Supervisors
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, leads a work team to maintain buildings, grounds, and equipment in a clean, safe, and presentable manner. Responsible for the effectiveness and performance of the material handling equipment, infrastructure, grounds, vehicles, and operating systems for the RDC. Responsible for selection, training and development of mechanics and hourly Team Members in the Maintenance Department. All duties as assigned.
1. Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact positively with co-workers and management staff
2. Meets current department’s accuracy and productivity standards
3. Excellent understanding of overall work flow of current department
4. Demonstrates a knowledge and concern for safety issues
5. Practices excellent housekeeping throughout facility
6. Experience in Project Management
7. Experience in electrical systems; conveyor systems; electrical, LP, and diesel powered rolling stock; welding; and fabrication. Past supervisory experience, and/or a Technical Degree in a maintenance-related field is preferred, but not required.
8. Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
9. Ensures all Lowe’s policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
10. Ensures proper control of payroll and other assigned expenses.
Demonstrated Skills and Experience:
1. Performs all scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment and systems
2. Monitors work performance of Maintenance Mechanics and Maintenance Utility Crew
3. Ensures Maintenance Mechanics and Maintenance Utility Crew have specific responsibilities
4. Effects the equitable distribution of workload
5. Coaches, counsels, and trains Maintenance Mechanics and Maintenance Utility Crew to ensure competence, as well as, prepare them for future opportunities
6. Operates a safe, clean and efficient shop area where equipment can be repaired in a timely manner
7. Ensures all safety rules and procedures are followed
8. Performs other duties as directed by RDC Management
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Recent graduates and soon-to-be grads, this one's for you! Our Moorseville, NC, corporate office is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Senior Specialist. If you have the skills and desire to learn, click here to apply now! http://sm.lowes.com/ALrs49
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Senior IT Business Analyst - bit.ly/2xdIIEB #Mooresville, NC #CareerArc
There is still plenty of time to register for the many recruiting events Lowe's will be attending this year! Explore the list of recruiting events and register today! http://sm.lowes.com/wtcGgZ
Our new fulfillment center will bring over 400 new hires next year. Learn more here: sm.lowes.com/6bdFa5 pic.twitter.com/B9EPwmM054
Want to work in #Mooresville, NC? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2xaw8WG #SupplyChain #Job #Jobs #Hiring #CareerArc
Someone wants to Chat with me? ! Check my pinned post! twitter.com/Rhelton1/statu…
Our stores and team are always growing, and you have the chance to grow with us! Explore our openings now! http://sm.lowes.com/MOBQsx
When the Lowe's Heroes heard that Hornbeck High School was in desperate need of new cabinets, they jumped at the opportunity to help out! Through donations and volunteering, they were able to help Hornbeck High School install the new cabinets and more. Learn more now: http://sm.lowes.com/qmrnx5