Performance Instructor-NightsApply Now Job ID 1486166BR Date posted 11/08/2018 Location Pittston, PA Location Name Pittston, PA RDC Address 200 Center Point Blvd Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0335 - DC Shipping
The Performance Instructor (PI) is a DC Operations Team Member position designed to be the primary department trainer. This includes new hire training, best methods/job function training, equipment training, and other duties as assigned by the AOM and department Coach. When not performing as a PI, the Team Member will perform normal on-standard functions or participate in assigned special projects under the direction of DC leadership. When performing normal on-standard functions, the Team Member will be eligible for the Performance Team Member Bonus. The Performance Instructor must be able to teach others and maintain a culture of safety among Team Members to achieve a safe working environment. The Performance Instructor role may be leveraged as a development role for future advancement to coach.
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Become certified as industrial powered equipment trainer
• Maintain excellent Safety performance. Safety or accuracy incidents could result in immediate re-evaluation of PI status.
• Work/train in any established area as assigned and rotate throughout various departments. Lead under the direction of a Coach or other salaried leader.
• Set the example for the department with job functions, best methods, and work ethic.
• Display a positive attitude, promote teamwork, and support the Operations Coach.
• Maintain at least 100% Performance when working on-standard in established areas.
• Demonstrate effective leadership in training and safety activities
• Prepare new hires and those who change departments for upward promotion
• Communicate effectively with other Team Members and Team Leads regarding business objectives or current issues
• Identify and assist in implementing process improvements or new training processes launched from corporate (customer focused distribution)
III. Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct shift briefing, including safety topics, upcoming events and demand for the day
• Perform Operation tasks (receiving, picking product and loading) to assist in accomplishing daily workload
• Attend and participate in required LLC training programs; become certified
• Learn and demonstrate skill on new equipment; become certified
• Learn new skills and become certified in multiple areas in order to rotate within the facility
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Hear from Kimberly Graham on how Lowe's was able to support her during her two deployments. #veterans #militarysupport #loweslife pic.twitter.com/xxF5wlfkcc
For Veteran Rick Adams, being a part of a company that supports and honors those who have served means a lot to him. #veterans #militarysupport #loweslife pic.twitter.com/3kDoEkCex0
Lowe's is proud of its long history of honoring servicemen and women. We want to wish all those that have served a happy Veterans day! #veteransday pic.twitter.com/wOZ0tNLrUC
We recently appointed Seemantini Godbole as Chief Information Officer! She brings more than 25 years of global #technology experience and we can't wait to see the impact she makes on the organization. Learn more about Godbole here: sm.lowes.com/VB8ZZf pic.twitter.com/IA3IQYkmZR
Our employees set up a booth at the Home Builders Association first annual Build My Future job fair. Almost 1,000 high school students made their way to our booth getting hands on experience in different fields of the construction industry. Learn more here: http://sm.lowes.com/LJV8oC