Operations Assistant Manager - Nights
What You Will Do
The Assistant Operations Manager (AOM) is primarily responsible for assisting the Operations Manager (OM) in managing operations and staffing for the receiving, shipping, and building departments on his/her shift. The AOM supervises a high performing team of Operations Coaches that is responsible for monitoring the safe, efficient and effective movement of inventory through the facility. This role analyzes production volume forecasts and reevaluates resources throughout the day as workflow conditions change to meet store demand. The AOM partners with the coaching staff to achieve or exceed facility performance goals despite these fluctuating demands. The AOM resolves issues, addresses safety concerns, and is responsible for communicating business objectives and daily workload plans to team and management. The AOM also engages with associates to assist them through associate relations related issues experienced with the organization and/or with other associates.
What We're Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that meets the needs of the facility.
• May be asked to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and/or weekends based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field plus 1 year of experience in distribution center operations or related area OR 5 years of experience in distribution center/warehouse operations or related area
• Leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Experience in mentoring and coaching others
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Experience managing resources, time and budgets
• Experience using troubleshooting processes to resolve problems
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Warehouse Management systems
• Experience taking a lead role in a Corporate-led initiative or leadership experience in another Lowe’s supply chain network facility
• Experience leading a team through change
• Experience building a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Bi-lingual skills, if applicable to the facility
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.