Design ConsultantApply Now Job ID 1259212BR Date posted 09/04/2017 Location New York City, NY Location Name Chelsea, NY Address 635 - 641 6th Ave Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Store Department 0694 - Design Desk
The Design Consultant is primarily responsible for articulating the breadth of Lowe's product and service offerings that best align to a customer's stated and unstated needs. The Design Consultant builds relationships with customers by being engaging, listening to what they want, helping them to visualize or conceptualize potential outcomes and subsequently matching that to the products and services that Lowe's can provide.
The Design Consultant is also responsible for communicating with the customer throughout the project lifecycle and ensuring that all needs of the customer, including delivery, set up, assessment, installation, project management etc. are attended to by the appropriate parties.
This role will engage with customers by showing them various in-store displays, mocking up potential design scenarios, and illustrating various combinations in terms of texture, color, materials, etc. The Design Consultant will use strong interpersonal savvy and listening skills, a working knowledge of Lowe's products and services, and superior creativity to bring visions to fruition for customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in design or a related field and 3 years of experience in design advising (interior or exterior) OR 5 years of experience in design advising (interior or exterior)
- 3 years of customer service experience
- 3 years of sales experience
- 2 years of experience managing multiple tasks and coordinating multiple projects at different stages in the project cycle
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field
- Prior experience in measuring, estimating, and project planning
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: Kitchen and Bath Design; Kitchen and Bath Design Sales; Kitchen and Bath Design Project Management
- NKBA Certification (i.e., AKBD, CKD, or CBD)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Hear more about how a Sudanese refugee found a new life at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/7xPjSe pic.twitter.com/jzsDkUslQV
Looking to improve your DIY home improvement skills? Lowe's Upskill Project is offering free home improvement workshops in communities across the country. Discover more here: http://sm.lowes.com/IRB2Mr
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Mooresville, NC? bit.ly/2y72SEE #IT #Hiring
Interested in a career with Lowe’s? Make sure you stop by our booth at the National Black MBA Association and 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition from September 26-30. http://sm.lowes.com/UWqJfh
Learn more about the Lowe's team at the #NBMBAA and #Prospanica 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition! #LowesLife… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Producer - bit.ly/2goYqWC #Mooresville, NC #Hiring