Testing Program EngineerApply Now Job ID 1384344BR Date posted 04/16/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0209 - Quality Assurance Mgmt
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- The Testing Program Engineer is primarily responsible for the oversight & coordination of Lowe's Quality Assurance testing programs. These testing programs will usually be conducted by 3rd party test labs, but could include in-house programs as well. The scope of these programs will include both import & domestically sourced items in Lowe's Private Brands as well as national brands. These programs reduce product related regulatory/safety risks and ensure the products sold by Lowe's will meet or exceed customer performance expectations.
- Oversight of these programs will include providing technical program direction; including daily review of test failures and providing vendor direction. Annual testing programs consist of approximately 20,000 test reports and a $5-million budget. The candidate will also provide input into the content and maintenance of Lowes acceptance protocols.
- A key component of this position will be interaction with Merchandising & International Merchandising at all levels of Management, as well as daily interaction with 3rd Party Test Labs, Vendors, and Factories to provide direction and avoid unnecessary delay of product shipments.
- To accomplish this, the Testing Program Engineer must have knowledge of engineering/testing principles, state and federal regulations and familiarity with consumer products.
- Oversee the 3rd party lab conducted testing programs as assigned by Management. This may include oversight of Testing Programs for Lowe ’ s Allied Businesses. The annual testing programs consist of approximately 20,000 test reports and a $5 million budget (indirect Vendor Paid).
- Review test failures and provide vendor direction on a daily basis. This will involve daily interaction with Merchandising, International Merchandising, 3rd Party Test Labs, Vendors, and Factories to provide direction and avoid unnecessary delay of product shipments.
- Provide input to the content and maintenance of Lowes product testing protocols (~1200 currently) and provide technical program direction. Test Protocol content is complex and changes frequently as laws and regulations change. Basic knowledge of applicable State/Federal Regulatory laws and Industry Standards is critical to this function and include: US, Canada and Mexico.
- Develop test methods and protocols that accurately simulate customer use for a wide variety of products.
- Review claim substantiation test results provided by Vendors and leverage industry/testing experience to provide a recommendation to Legal whether the substantiation should be accepted.
- Collaborate with other QA Engineering staff to lead and assist in identifying key opportunities for product quality improvements. Drive corrective and preventive actions to insure customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and present written technical and verbal reports to management, as well as to external agencies as required; and shall act as principal liaison between quality management and/or vendors, contractors, consultants on projects.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities independently or with minimal supervision as required.
- Bachelor's Degree: Engineering, Technical Sciences, or related field
- 1-5 years of experience in consumer product testing in a laboratory, manufacturing or retail environment.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally.
- Technical report writing skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical persons.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with other departments, vendors, factories, and 3rd party test labs. Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Highly organized.
- Proficient with computers: Word, Excel, Database Software
- Familiarity with Regulations and Industry Standards for consumer products sold in the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Understanding of the NRTL (UL, CSA, ETL, etc.) product safety listing evaluation and testing process.
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or facilitating projects and programs.
- Effective oral presentations.
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Indianapolis, IN? bit.ly/2JlBpAK #Transportation #Hiring
At Lowe’s, we strongly believe that helping our customers love where they live starts with our employees loving where they work. Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: sm.lowes.com/8ffweu pic.twitter.com/R7BoFxpn40
Nicole C., HR Manager at our West Lang, MI store, shares that earning her women in leadership pin was her #bestvestmoment. "This is when I fell in love with our company! If a company would make an investment to develop and encourage women to take leaders
At Lowe's, we celebrate our employees and push them to be the best they can be every single day. Looking to become part of our supportive team? Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: http://sm.lowes.com/8zygwC
RT @LowesMedia: Thank you @2020WOB for recognizing @Lowes as a "W" company for championing gender diversity and having 20% or more of our b…
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2K9E41V #Transportation #SanAntonio, TX #Job #Jobs
We want to congratulate Cynthia on her promotion to Head Cashier! We are so excited to see you succeed and grow in your new role! #bestvestmoment pic.twitter.com/f1lSCEYSfW