Tax Accountant IIApply Now Job ID 1209142BR Date posted 05/30/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0064 - Taxes
Purpose of the Role:
This position will work primarily in the area of Property Tax. The primary role of this position will involve monitoring, coordinating and performing timely and accurate property valuation analyses for Lowe’s numerous real estate holdings.
Secondary responsibilities include general ledger account reconciliations, SOX internal control testing, and tax research on various topics. The position may also be required to challenge Lowe’s property valuation assessments before administrative review boards.
In addition, this position may also be asked to provide assistance with coordinating and facilitating sales and use tax audits as needed.
• Monitoring, coordinating, and performing timely and accurate property valuation analysis for Lowe’s numerous real estate holdings with a focus on activities that are more complex in nature and require an understanding and application of basic accounting, real estate, and tax knowledge.
• Performs analysis and reconciliations of general ledger accounts to support monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles with review by management where needed.
• Displaying good negotiation skills while challenging property valuation assessments before administrative review boards.
• Researches various tax issues to support the company’s position or to recommend options for handling various projects to managers, and directors. This will include evaluating the real estate appraisal process and recognition of appraisal methods that establish fair market value.
• Maintains appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for tax transactions and entries.
• Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment.
• Works with systems and processes within applicable areas of operation to complete and process accounting and tax transactions.
• Reviews job procedures consistently to identify potential improvements that will increase the accuracy and efficiency of all assigned tasks
• Providing assistance with the coordination and facilitation of sales and use tax audits as may be necessary.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field plus 2-4 years of experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field plus 0-2 years of experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience
• Intermediate skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
• Demonstrated understanding of basic tax and GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting plus 0-2 years of experience in accounting, tax, finance (public or private) or relevant experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! sm.lowes.com/pJyUSH pic.twitter.com/DMQivT6sid
Apply now for the chance to be a part of the Lowe's team! sm.lowes.com/CCaFnX pic.twitter.com/1Gjad2Swzk
We are hiring people just like you! Apply for the opportunity to join the Lowe's team now. http://sm.lowes.com/P0CiwV
When we hired #AirForce veteran Clay Luthy, he came with a furry bonus. sm.lowes.com/EKiLZ3 pic.twitter.com/w1zniAwOK9
Huge thx to @Lowes Robinson, PA for sending #LowesHeroes to our community garden in the Manchester Neighborhood! #plantinghope #TakeABreak
Thx @Lowes Robinson, PA for sending #LowesHeroes to our community garden. Special thx Todd Bucci & Matt Rutkauskas #plantinghope #TakeABreak
Jackie Downer is still going strong at 90 years old. Read her amazing story here: sm.lowes.com/2SkPJ8 pic.twitter.com/9Dn7BQAD9g
While other companies turned Air Force veteran Clay Luthy away because of his service dog, Charlotte, we stepped up and brought him and Charlotte on board. http://sm.lowes.com/AS89DY