Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to create store specific floor plans to support major corporate initiatives. Floor plans are developed based on an evaluation of each store's existing condition compared to the approved scope of work. Store specific scope development should include an implementation of the corporate approved scope items, new store merchandising philosophies, and chain-wide resets. Store Planners are responsible for evaluating the scope against productivity metrics to drive maximum ROI and customer experience. The position works closely with Store Operations, Engineering & Construction, Real Estate, Visual Space Planning, and Store Environment.
• Create and present block plan hand off packages to the visual space planning team.
• Design and develop scope of work plans for major remerchandising projects, resets and new store projects.
• Develop model layouts when scope of work spans multiple selling departments and stores.
• Thorough understanding of rack, fixture and display requirements; as well as ensure compatibility between planogram placement and facility characteristics along with ADA Requirements (aisle widths/wall penetrations/columns).
• Thorough understanding of store design criteria for each prototype format; operational condition, divisional space allocations, and facility characteristics. Knowledge of existing store formats should also include identifications of significant shifts in merchandising initiatives.
• Thorough understanding of how to apply target space allocations to existing conditions, through reallocation of bays. Ability to develop target space allocations based on financials space allocation methodology.
• Create effective receiving and storage layouts that allow efficient flow of merchandise from dock doors to the sales floor while maintaining sufficient staging and storage space.
• Create layouts for check stands, returns desks, customer service area, contractor sales area, and receiving/storage areas for major remerchandising projects that reflect project scope of work.
• Develop unbiased store designs based on space allocation criteria and design intent.
• Distribute new and remerchandise store plans internally at each stage of the plan development process (electrical, proof room, fixture ordering, and rack set).
• Associate Degree in Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Retail Management, or related fields AND 2+ years’ experience in Retail Store Planning and Design
• 4+ years’ experience in Retail Store Planning and Design
• 2+ years’ experience in drafting, using AutoCAD or industry related Floor Planning/Macro Space software to generate facility fixture and merchandise plans
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.