Space Planner-Planogram Designer
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for developing planogram architecture through cross-functional collaboration that drive productivity and sales.
• Responsible for designing planograms using presentation guidelines, consumer decision trees and sales data. Optimal placement of product on shelves should be aimed at improving ease of shopping and increasing customer purchases.
• Stays up to date on industry presentation trends and customer shopping behaviors.
• Builds trusted relationships and partners with the merchants and planogram analysts to shape strategic direction through presentation and placement.
• Demonstrates thought leadership on evolving concepts and business needs and consistently identifies planogram design opportunities to optimize productivity.
• Proactively uses problem solving skills, mitigates risk & improves program delivery to stores.
• Responsible for timely delivery of clear, concise planogram design documents that communicate merchandising strategy and category specific details.
• Exhibits a high degree of proficiency in planogram design software, Lowe’s internal systems and processes.
• Actively leads process improvement efforts; makes recommendations to optimize workflow efficiencies.
• Collaborates and communicates well across all levels of the organization; cultivates vendor partnerships that support corporate strategies.
• Participates in proofing of all the key POG versions to ensure accurate interpretation of most common POG in smaller and larger planograms.
• Works cross-functionally with store environment teams to develop and execute most common POG presentation in test environment.
• Partners with planogram analysts to resolve issues that come up in the field.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Retail Management, Marketing, or related field and 2+ years’ experience in retail store planning and design (may be a combination of visual merchandising, store planning, planogramming, or store environment experiences)
• 4+ years’ experience in retail store planning and design (may be a combination of visual merchandising, store planning, planogramming, real estate and facilities planning, or store environment experiences)
• Experience translating customer decision trees into presentation architecture
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.