Store Env Visual Space Planner
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver on the the approved Merchandising presentation intent. This position draws merchandise floor plans which provides the scale, scope, and plan for a multitude of projects.
- Produces floor plans to enable merchandising initiatives aiding in the optimization of store space to achieve desired financial results.
- Executes the physical design of the space, ensuring that the vision outlined in the floor plan is brought to reality and that it aligns with Lowe's merchandising and brand standards.
- Makes recommendations to the Merchandising team as to how to deliver on the design needs, staying within the parameters of scope, strategy, and intent.
- Outlines the details of the execution plan, drafts a production hand-off document, and creates visual aids for the support of projects. Supports the development of in-bay product presentation that enhances the customer’s shopping experience, while maintaining effective store operational requirements.
- Prepares all project planning materials for the Store Environment Merchandising and Space Planning partners to enable deliverables, keeping in line with timeline and budget.
- Collaborates with Merchandising, Logistics, Loss Prevention, Marketing and other internal teams to translate merchandising strategy into executable store design.
- Maintains accurate spatial information for each store.
- Provides cost estimate templates, non-retail item matrix, visual intent packet, planogram hand off document and deployment package
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Retail Management, or related field
- 2+ years experience in retail store planning and design (may be a combination of visual merchandising, store planning, planogramming, real estate & facilities planning, or store environment experiences) Or
- 4+ years experience in retail store planning and design (may be a combination of visual merchandising, store planning, planogramming, real estate & facilities planning, or store environment experiences).
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.