Job ID 1831720BR
Date posted 01/14/2020
Location Mooresville, North Carolina
Location Name Mooresville, NC (SSC)
Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard
Employment Type I Full time
Employment Type II Regular
Line of Business Corporate
Department LWS_USA_Internal Audit
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with the Senior Auditor and project teams by assisting in planning, developing and executing of audit testing, and preparing inputs to written communication and deliverables for audit engagements involving the use of data analytic skills, process analysis, and critical thinking. Overall, this role will assist in audits that evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls established to manage Lowe's most significant risks.
Required Education/ Experience:
- Identifies and documents aspects of the organization's systems and processes that do not comply with regulations, laws, and standards or do not comply with the organization's policies and operating procedures
- Collects preliminary data and conducts analysis and assists Senior Auditor in detecting deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
- Assists Senior Auditor in the detailed report and summarization of audit findings
- Provides support for coordinating with the client and management to ensure project timelines are met
- Organizes resources, information, and significant findings from root cause, risk exposure, and management analysis. Responsible for work paper standards.
- Participates in rotational committee work such as internal quality reviews, issue follow up, training coordination, quarterly risk assessment, to gain extensive knowledge and experience in key audit functional areas
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- 2-4 years of Audit (internal/external) experience or relevant business experience
- Master’s Degree
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or related field
- Retail Business experience preferred
- Domestic Travel:
- Monthly- Day Trip & Overnight
- Less than Monthly- Multiple Nights
- International Travel:
- Less than Monthly- Day Trip, Overnight, & Multiple Nights
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.