Sr. Store Planner
Purpose of Role:
Working under the Sr. Manager of Store Planning, this position is responsible for all interior store planning and layout related activities. A role within Store Planning team at Lowe's means an opportunity to apply both your design and technical expertise. Your work will help define the physical experience and evolve the brand image of Lowe's stores. You will create store specific floor plans in support of new stores, remodels and merchandising resets in existing stores. Store Planners are responsible for maximizing space productivity and improving customer experience.
• As a Store Planner, you'll assume responsibility for design, approval, coordination, and implementation for all projects assigned with general directions. Projects may include new stores, remodels, merchandising resets needing racking updates, operations projects needing stockroom and checkout updates, special projects, quality assurances checks, and/or prototype updates.
• You will design, produce and document Feasibility, Schematic, and Design Development documents for sales and non-sales areas for all projects; as well as manage assigned projects from conception through the construction and implementation phases.
• You will develop unbiased store designs based on space allocation criteria and design intent. Division space allocation should be based on financial space allocation methodology.
• You will document design guidelines and CAD standards, and leverage ADA guidelines, existing building conditions (aisle widths/wall penetrations/columns) and rack/fixture standards by product group, throughout your work.
• You will work cross functionally with engineering, construction, concept design, visual floor planning and other Store Environment associates throughout the development and implementation of the project.
• You will create and maintain accurate numerical data on all projects and have a general understanding of financial impacts of your decisions to the business.
• You will create and communicate project details throughout the project lifecycle, obtain leadership alignment and distribute store plans to relevant internal teams at key milestones.
• You will train and mentor peers and new hires.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior design or architecture
• Retail design experience preferred
• Demonstrated skills in relation to programming, space allocation and planning
• Manual drawing skills to develop preliminary solutions to design problems, individually or in a team environment
• High proficiency in AutoCAD or Microstation and Microsoft Office
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work well with others, while thinking strategically and conceptually
• Self-motivated and high level of accountability to coordinate multiple projects, develop and adhere to schedules, prioritize workload, work in a fast paced, challenging and continually evolving environment
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.