Sr Prototype Developer
The Senior Prototype Developer will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team to build out internal prototypes as well as external facing experiences used to test and iterate new digital strategies.
Working with Architects, Designers, BA's, and Developers (from it) to create innovative online features and interactive tools used to test new ideas and experiences.
This role works cross-functionally across both Lowe's Digital, engaging with other Contributors, Managers, Directors, as well as across the enterprise- ensuring key relationships are fostered across our omni-channel partners. Additionally, this role is a peer leader across the other contributors of the Digital Experience + Design team.
ESSENTIAL & CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partner with IT Development
- Ensure that the UX Style Guide is consistent with the IT implementation
- Validate that design and experience directions are technically feasible within standards
- Present updated standards and elements to ensure a continually forward moving design system
Enable Cross-Enterprise Collaboration
- Work directly with both the internal and external teams to ensure work moves smoothly and efficiently from concept to execution.
- Integrate with the business and IT teams through the development process
Grow Individually within the technical / digital landscape
- Continually working on self-development to ensure relevance in an evolving digital landscape
- Stay on top of digital trends, emerging technologies, and new tools to continually improve the teams position as experts in usability.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Developing web-based applications, components, and visualizations from PSD / Sketch files.
- Integration of existing API / Services for both internal and external facing prototypes.
- Experience in programming frameworks and libraries such as AngularJS and jQuery.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Ability to hard code anything from a landing page to a full web application from scratch
- Be able to understand and use a CSS Framework
- Understanding of object-oriented development
- Ability to work independently
- Rapid Prototyping
- Understand the need for and have the ability to conduct browser compatibility and cross-device testing
- Basic understanding of Photoshop and Sketch
- Familiar with the Git source control system
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with mobile application developer on iOS and Android
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.