Sr ParalegalApply Now Job ID 1487149BR Date posted 11/10/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0135 - Legal
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for collaborating with vice presidents, associate general counsels, other attorneys, and key stakeholders to deliver strategic solutions to the company through managing litigation work streams, post-litigation remediation projects, contract negotiations, settlements, and broad scope regulatory reviews. This includes responsibility for conducting and coordinating legal research and analyzing results, developing benchmarking information, leading department process improvement initiatives, mentoring department Paralegals, developing and delivering training to department and business unit employees, and drafting, reviewing, and editing legal documents, memoranda, and communications. This role also identifies opportunities for increased efficiency, investigates alternative courses of action and keeps abreast of the evolving regulatory landscape affecting the company. The incumbent is required to apply highly specialized legal skills and experience to successfully manage matters in assigned complex legal practice areas which may include: Intellectual Property, Compliance, Information Technology, Privacy, Commercial Real Estate, Complex Litigation, Labor and Employment, Patents and Trademarks, Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities, Corporate Governance, International Law, and/or Complex Transactions.
- Works directly with attorneys and business stakeholders on complex transactions, compliance matters, litigation, or issues in the legal environment relating to the practice group the Senior Paralegal supports (e.g., disputes and appeals, claims, intellectual and technical data rights, pricing and negotiations, terminations, contract modification negotiations, systems reviews, property administration, quality assurance, contract financing, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), contract performance analysis, and/or contractor performance evaluation).
- Drafts legal documents and correspondence (e.g., agreements, legal memoranda) by incorporating language based on transaction-specific details using input from client meetings where they have gathered and explored transaction details needed to assess the types of documents required to advance and protect the interests of the enterprise.
- Reviews, analyzes, and performs large scale broad legal research, benchmarking, and fact-gathering relevant to projects involving internal stakeholders and outside counsel to determine regulations' applicability to Lowe’s and to recommend action on problem situations arising from transactional and/or litigation matters.
- Works on highly complex and sensitive legal projects having global enterprise-wide impact (e.g. researching, interpreting and analyzing statutory language, and developing procedural solutions that ensure compliance with legal landscape while minimally affecting the business).
- Negotiates contract deal terms and other terms and conditions (e.g., settlement agreements) consistent with Lowe’s legal practices and procedures.
- Monitors post-deal terms and post-litigation trends to identify potential gaps and develop risk mitigating solutions.
- Coordinates with internal business stakeholders and outside counsel to address issues arising from executed agreements and recommends actions based on training and experience to resolve disputes.
- Acts as Lowe’s liaison with outside counsel and internal business stakeholders and develops close working relationships with these stakeholders to develop legal briefings for business clients.
- Performs highly specialized assignments based on assigned practice area including ensuring compliance with multi-plaintiff consent decrees, conducting broad scale highly complex 50-state reviews, analyzing discovery, drafting initial responses, conducting privileged audits, etc.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency within the Department and develops and implements revised processes that reduce waste and ensure resources are effectively and efficiently utilized.
- Develops and delivers training programs on legal compliance issues to internal department stakeholders and external clients.
- Analyzes complex internal datasets, identifies trends, and makes recommendations on actionable strategies to mitigate enterprise risk and reduce legal costs.
- Factual investigation into sensitive matters, including client or third party interviews or document/electronic research; preparation of work product on findings and recommended follow-up actions.
- Associate's Degree with 6 years of experience in a corporate legal department or law firm
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of experience work in a corporate legal department or law firm
- Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- Experience multi-tasking and handling large volumes of work
- Experience working with complex legal concepts and/or on broad-scope legal research projects
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#DYK Lowe's emergency command center has been deploying disaster relief for 30 years? Take a look inside the command center here: sm.lowes.com/z4zaEs pic.twitter.com/VMvyjrJSGg
Lowe's recruiters had a great time at #NatCon2019, the largest annual gathering of student veterans! They networked with student veterans from across the country, talked about Lowe’s commitment to veterans, and left feeling inspired. What a great way to start 2019! #LowesLife
Lowe's is recognizing the employees who pour their hearts and souls into their work. Congrats to Timothy Ricker, winner of the exceptional #customerservice award! pic.twitter.com/3pjP3rkZ5c
Congratulations to exceptional customer service award winner Timothy Ricker, who is an avid supporter of the Employee Relief Fund and the Boys and Girls Club. We're happy to be able to give back to an employee who contributes so much to Lowe's. #LowesLife
We're proud to announce that Lowe's has been named one of the 50 Best Companies for Diversity by @blackenterprise! Learn more about the honor here: sm.lowes.com/Hai1SW #DiversityandInclusion pic.twitter.com/ItLHTCbxRw
Lowe's very own Robin Bornkamp has been named one of 2019's Top Women in Retail Tech! Discover how Robin is leading us into the next phase of our ongoing transformation here: [link] #WomenInLeadership sm.lowes.com/icDIlV pic.twitter.com/WhuytpEOB1
Our mission at Lowe's is to help people love where they live and work. Our team in Littleton, NH showed their commitment to that mission by donating grills to local police and fire departments, and coming together to put on a spectacular holiday employee appreciation event! #LowesLife
We love when our employees give back to their communities. Sending a special thank you to the Lowe's team in Littleton, NH who donated grills and cleaning supplies to local Police and Fire Departments during the holidays! #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/sU4Qr6fHqD