Sr. Node.js DeveloperApply Now Job ID 1233711BR Date posted 08/04/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0033 - IT Digital Solutions
Do you consider yourself a Maverick? Are you always on the hunt for the latest cutting-edge development technologies to make life easier? Do you find yourself working on side projects as a way to learn those new technologies? Do you want to have a real impact solving big problems alongside super awesomely talented engineers of a fortune 40 company?
If any of the above speaks to you, then Lowe's wants to speak with you! We are looking for more super awesomely talented Node.js Developers to join us on our journey on building and cultivating our Global Omni-Chanel Development Teams!
We are looking for a Full Stack Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for building and integrating the front-end elements into the application. Therefore, a mid-level understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
• Building of user-facing elements and Integration of with server side logic
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Integrating Restful API’s, internal web services ensuring high performance on Mobile and Desktop.
Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it (such as Hapi.js or React.js, etc.)
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Handlebars, etc.)
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (Less or SASS, etc.)
• Good understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementing unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or Stash
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
7+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
4+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
5+ years of experience in database technologies
Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
3+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Customer Service Associate I - bit.ly/2Bjvo4M #Retail #Kingsland, GA
Want to work at Lowe's Distribution? We're #hiring in #Rockford, IL! Click for details: bit.ly/2Bm1UDp #SupplyChain #Job #Jobs
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Senior Instructional Designer - bit.ly/2Bl9cqQ #BusinessMgmt #Mooresville, NC #Hiring
Our IT organization is passionate about careers in STEM and giving back, that’s why they participated in #payITforward with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools sharing different career paths in STEM. Lowe's employees and student alike had a great time working on the steps of the checkout process.
Why #Lowes? Because we believe in giving our employees the best benefits and a great company culture. Join us today: sm.lowes.com/USp4la pic.twitter.com/3x3jfsmItx
Interested in a #job in #Easton, PA? This could be a great fit: bit.ly/2Ci3u8z #Retail #Hiring
Join the Lowe's Stores team! See our latest #job opening here: bit.ly/2ABcOUv #CustomerService #Rockford, IL #Hiring
Emanuel Fitch, a store manager in New Orleans, recognizes the importance of paying it forward to local communities. After Harvey hit, Fitch and a storm relief team came together to support Lowe's stores in disaster areas. Read the full story here: http://sm.lowes.com/7nmYkv