Sr. Manager, Store Planning
Purpose of Role:
Working under the Director of Concept Design and Planning, this position is responsible for leading a team of store planners that have responsibility for creating store plans and layouts for all Lowe's stores. Your work will help define the physical experience and evolve the brand image of Lowe's stores. You'll be responsible for ensuring that we are managing and providing results that support consistency in customer experience while simultaneously maximizing space productivity and sales.
As a leader of the team, you will also be responsible for coaching and developing talent and managing workflow processes that enable your team to have the resources, tools and information needed to accomplish store plan creation.
• As a leader of Store Planning, you'll assume responsibility for design, approval, coordination, and implementation for all approved projects. Projects may include new stores, remodels, merchandising resets needing racking updates, operations projects needing stockroom and checkout updates, special projects, quality assurances checks, and/or prototype updates.
• You will lead a team of individuals responsible for design and execution of new stores, remodels and merchandising resets.
• You will lead this team through design and documentation of Feasibility, Schematic, and Design Development documents for sales and non-sales areas for all projects.
• You will partner with the store environment leadership and data science team to develop a data driven methodology for division space allocation to drive total box space productivity for new stores and remodels.
• You will coach your team to apply business strategies, financial space allocation and design thinking on projects.
• You will work cross functionally with engineering, construction, concept design, visual floor planning and other Store Environment leaders throughout the development and implementation of the projects.
• You will drive a culture of operational excellence within your team with a goal to deliver high quality and timely outcomes.
• You will own all aspects of talent management including, hiring, training and development of talent to achieve personal and professional goals through meaningful development opportunities.
• You will provide open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility.
• You will be responsible for building global partnerships and maintaining an integrated execution model through a culture that promotes seamless exchange of knowledge and context.
• You will communicate with multiple levels of Sr. Leadership on projects and initiatives.
• You will influence the future state technology for store planning. Work would include partnership with IT to build a suite of tools that bring 3D thinking and automation within the work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in interior design or architecture
• 8+ years retail design experience
• High proficiency in leading teams
• Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated skills in relation to programming, space allocation and planning
• Manual drawing skills to develop preliminary solutions to design problems, individually or in a team environment
• Excellent knowledge of CAD and 3D software, AutoCAD and/or Microstation, Revit and/or 3DS Max
• Ability to work well with others, while thinking strategically and conceptually
• Self-motivated and high level of accountability to coordinate multiple projects, develop and adhere to schedules, prioritize workload, work in a fast paced, challenging and continually evolving environment
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.