Sr. Engineer, Workforce Mgmt
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to conduct analysis and studies necessary for all financial aspects of payroll planning. This position ensures that the allocation of time, expenses, and resources aligns with the projections and scalability of various workforce management programs.
• Completes time and motion studies used to capture tasks and activities performed in the Lowe's retail environment.
• Utilizes the information gathered in time and motion studies to craft intricate models that are used to provide insights for quarterly forecasts used in predicting the labor capacity and financial resources necessary for payroll allocation and store organizational design.
• Creates and maintains labor standards and quantifies the opportunity for continuous improvement at Lowe's.
• Identifies and recommends areas of opportunity for expense control and labor optimization to use to inform workforce management decisions made by business leaders in various functions.
• Creates models that are used in payroll planning, long-range planning, and wage growth projections to provide insight into the best utilization of business resources.
• Develops recommendations through data analysis and modeling used in improving store productivity and driving business performance.
• Escalates workforce planning and management challenges so that the team can identify and provide an actionable resolution.
• Partners closely with HR and Finance in order to determine employee fill rates, hiring projections, staff planning, and financial planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Operations Management, or a related field
• 3+ years industrial engineering experience, or a related field
• LEAN or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.