Senior BI Engineer
DATA ANALYTICS & CUSTOMER INSIGHTS:
Business Intelligence: Responsible for analyzing data across a number of verticals, including marketing / market research, enterprise and Lowe's functions. Helps build a competitive advantage by providing accurate and timely information based on big data that is used to improve decision making, identify inefficient business processes, drive cost savings and identify new business opportunities. Works closely with and provides insight to Lowe's business leaders by providing predictive analysis, data visualization, contextual visualization and insights. Also responsible for analyzing customer and consumer behavior data, which will inform the business on trends across all consumer markets. Builds a competitive advantage by providing accurate and timely information based on consumer data that is used identify new business opportunities, new products, and new strategies. Includes technical marketing positions that direct marketing strategy on product positioning, market penetration and pricing.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver Business Insights (BI) Reporting solutions on MicroStrategy and other reporting platforms. The BI Engineer is responsible for designing, building, maintaining, testing and evaluating these processes in close partnership with BI solution architects and other analytic partners. This role translates requirements into new reporting processes, maintains and executes existing processes, as well as continuous improvements.
- Builds technical solutions that turn business requirements into operational reporting processes to inject analytical insights into the business \\\\
- Aligns reporting solutions to corporate governance requirements to ensure data security and maintain data quality standards
- Remains on the cutting edge of industry trends to ensure that the Lowe's COE is aligned with industry best practices
- Builds automation and self-service consumption tools to operationalize data ingestion and analytic models
- Communicates clearly and concisely to key leadership and stakeholders to ensure alignment on project status and deliverables
- Partners with BI architects and other key stakeholders to ensure that project deliverables align with cost and timing standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Management
- Master’s Degree in Technical Design, Data Analytics or related field
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.