Sr Analyst - PrivacyApply Now Job ID 1302150BR Date posted 11/27/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0135 - Legal
- Works directly with Privacy Officer and business stakeholders to implement complex data privacy policies and procedures on the collection, use and sharing of personally identifiable information
- Conducts ongoing compliance monitoring to ensure the organization maintains proper notice, obtains sufficient consent, responds to privacy inquiries and follow the best privacy practices.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders on privacy issues, including the implementation of Privacy policies, procedures and requirements.
- Identifies, researches, investigates and evaluates known and potential privacy risks and compliance risks across the Company and its operating units.
- Conducts and/or coordinates privacy impact assessments, presents conclusions and recommendations, and develops and implements recommended strategies and plans.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of privacy related documents (e.g vendor contracts) to ensure privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Administers the design and implementation of privacy-related processes and procedures throughout the enterprise.
- Performs fact gathering, analyzes privacy issues and e xecutes privacy compliance controls on a day-to-day basis.
- Evaluates the impact of U.S. and international legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry guidelines involving privacy and security.
- Coordinate s privacy assessment workflow and documentation. Review s projects that have privacy impact , provide s appropriate guidance according to policies and procedures , and assists in developing project compliance guardrails .
- Liaise s with various business units to stay abreast of programs with privacy implications, educates business stakeholders on privacy policies and procedures, facilitate s program development and ensure s privacy consideration is embedded in the program design stage.
- Manage s privacy policies and procedures, and develops playbooks and other databases to ensure consistent handling of privacy-related issue handling within the Law Department and across the organization (as appropriate) .
- Ensures privacy considerations are embedded in new and strategic programs and ensure compliance with the broad range of privacy laws and regulations by r eview ing , analyz ing , and conducting legal research specific to project compliance.
- Ensure s business functions are aware of and are compliant with corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Oversees, delivers, or ensures delivery, and coordinates privacy training and awareness initiatives to Lowe’s employees
- Regularly monitor s advancements in information privacy technologies and legislative and regulatory developments to analyze potential impact on Lowe’s and ensure appropriate adoption and compliance with applicable laws..
- Manage s privacy requests , analyzes appropriate controls and drafts response to privacy inquiries.
- Works with Government Relations, the Privacy Office and other related parties to represent the organization's information privacy interests with external parties (state or local government bodies) who undertake to adopt or amend privacy legislation, regulation, or standard
- Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities. Based on the finding maintains an ongoing plan to ensure organization addresses and closes any data privacy gaps.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional company projects related to data protection and privacy projects.
- Develops, implements and conducts risk based reviews to ensure compliance with privacy guidelines and best practices.
- Fulfills responsibilities with limited supervision while maintaining effective communications with the Privacy Officer. This includes determining, designing, evaluating and implementing possible solutions, to determine most effective plan to mitigate and determine the source of potential breaches.
- Exhibits creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to department or enterprise practices and processes.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- •Bachelor's Degree in relaed field; Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- •6-9 years Relevant professional experience
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy , data security, information technology and regulatory compliance.
- Very strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Master's Degree
- 3-5 years Relevant professional experience
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) Certification
- State-designated paralegal certification
- Paralegal Certificate
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation) communication, and presentation skills at the executive level.
- Thorough knowledge of federal laws and directives pertaining to information privacy and security
- Experience working in a corporate law department
- Experience with matter management systems
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico . With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion , Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Our smart home technology is helping people care for their loved ones! Check it out: sm.lowes.com/gwQ35u pic.twitter.com/SflT0VZVZG
We're hiring HR managers to join the Lowe's team! If you have experience leading teams in a retail environment, then join us today: http://sm.lowes.com/PVw28h
Want to work at Lowe's Stores? We're #hiring in #Nashville, TN! Click for details: bit.ly/2EW5kxm #Labor #Job #Jobs
At Lowe's, we believe the best dressed snowmen wear red vests. Let us know if you agree in the comments.
Looking to join a great team? Lowe’s of Howell is hiring! #workatlowes #lowesspringhire pic.twitter.com/QgdB3G6Xo6
Are you looking to join a great team? Lowe’s of Howell is hiring! #workatlowes twitter.com/rpaul1618/stat…
We're hiring #HR managers to help lead the Lowe's team! Apply here: sm.lowes.com/1yOMnR pic.twitter.com/ayvZD5AK7s