Sr. Analyst, Consumer Generated Content
The Consumer Generated Content (CGC) Sr. Analyst oversees the CGC program for assigned areas of responsibility. This includes driving customer-facing enhancements and improvements with product management, developing and supporting business growth strategies, performing competitor analysis to determine gaps and opportunities, facilitating the Lowesloop sampling program, as well as providing training and educational opportunities across the organization. The Sr. Analyst should possess in-depth data analysis experience that generates meaningful and actionable insights to our core and online business. Additionally, the Sr. Analyst CGC will work directly with an offshore team to refine the data analytics needed to support the CGC business at Lowe’s.
- Partners with Leadership, Online Merchandising and cross-functional teams to define business needs, develop requirements/project plans and provide implementation oversight for CGC
- Ensures advantages to competitors through competitive analysis, providing insight and recommendations for enhancements
- Identify training and education needs and proactively provide recommendations for improvements
- Coordinates/partners with the right teams, including an off-shore team, for any reporting and data analytics needed to drive actions and insights for the CGC business
- Identifies opportunities, insights and recommendations on best practices for sampling
- Support in-depth product reviews, question and answers on Lowes.com through oversight of day to day responsibilities, prioritizing as needed to support the business strategy
- Leads initiatives that drive enhancements or process improvements for the CGC business
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study or equivalent business experience:
- 4+ years' experience with product data management or retail AND 2+ years' experience with E-commerce or social media OR
- 6+ years' experience Product data management or retail AND 3+ years' experience E-commerce or social media
- 1+ year experience Project Management managing retail/merchandising or E-comm process improvement projects
- 1+ year experience with large-scale data analysis and demonstrated ability to identify key insights from data to solve business problems
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.