Software Developer – DevOpsApply Now Job ID 1533732BR Date posted 02/01/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0068 - IT for IT
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into code modules and software solutions and the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This includes responsibility for assisting in the implementation and maintenance of business software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications. This role is critical to supporting systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) and participates in all software development lifecycle phases.
This job will solve problems using many of the well-known, best in class tools from the DevOps and Automation space. This would include strong programing experience and working with developer tools like Vagrant, cloud environments like Open Stack, CI/CD tools like Jenkins and configuration management tools like puppet and/or Ansible. A candidate should have experience with utilizing these types of tools to build sophisticated but effective application delivery environments.
• Assists in translating business requirements and functional specifications into code modules and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues by providing insight into recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs
• Supports the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages; adhering to various software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
• Assists in the implementation and maintenance of business software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by assists in the packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) with guidance from senior colleagues by providing insight to testing teams in order to define test plans
• Participates in all software development lifecycle phases by applying an understanding of company methodology, policies, standards, and internal and external controls
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 1+ years of experience in software development or a related field
• 1+ years of experience in database technologies
• Working knowledge and experience with the following categories and comparable tools:
- IDE (IntelliJ, Eclipse, RAD)
- SCM (CVS, GIT, Bitbucket)
- Build & Deploy (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Binary Repository (Nexus, Artifactory)
- Testing and Quality Enablers (QTest, SonarQube, HPQC, CA Lisa)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible)
- Containers (Docker)
• Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
• 1+ years of experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 1+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy) and experience with application and • integration middleware
• 1+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 1+ years of experience with Web Services
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
RT @Lowes: Lowe's is proud to offer 10% off eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and veterans.
Thank you to all the students who came out! Learn more about our student events here: low.es/2XktrQq 👩🎓👨🎓
When Lowe's heard that Michigan resident Danny Newland's snowblower had been stolen, we knew we had to replace it. It was a snow brainer! Learn more about the story here: sm.lowes.com/LiGeaP
Transitioning from the military can be daunting. Lowe's Executive Vice President, Joe McFarland, knows from first-hand experience. Read this Q&A with him and learn how he made the most of his transition: sm.lowes.com/XLpfsW #TransitioningVeterans #MilitaryHiring pic.twitter.com/j1dc2mhdtJ
A seasonal position at Lowe's can blossom into a rewarding, full-time career. Join our team this #SpringHire season! 🌸 Discover available roles here: sm.lowes.com/irOsUV pic.twitter.com/S6ESJJy509
No winter blues here. Our team in Lowell, MA is all smiles! Discover how you can join the team here: sm.lowes.com/5dykWe #SpringHire pic.twitter.com/Ez8a4hhOhC
Whether you're a rookie or veteran employee, there's room to grow at Lowe's. Discover fresh #SpringHire opportunities and join our team here: sm.lowes.com/SLGeyK pic.twitter.com/XLJpPZxd2i
It's raining cats and jobs! Say hello to Lola, our feline friend in Sulphur Springs, TX. Get a red vest like hers by joining our team right meow! 🐱 #SpringHire #SulphurSprings #Texashttp://sm.lowes.com/3HRNzX pic.twitter.com/Qfid5TmyUO