Site Development Manager
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to successfully deliver assigned engineering and construction projects within the Director/Sr. Manager's portfolio. This includes responsibility for real estate support, entitlements, permitting, approvals, and consultant management for due diligence and design to deliver on design and construction projects. The role will represent the owner in public meetings and internal presentations. The role will provide day-to-day oversight and direction as the owner's representative necessary to ensure project success.
- Manages multiple development projects within the Director/Sr. Manager's portfolio for new and existing retail, industrial or corporate facilities
- Provides necessary support to prepare and present project details for internal approval across multiple business units
- Conducts review of real estate transaction and legal documentation for projects to ensure overall risk profile and internal expectations are achieved
- Provide project planning and scope preparation to mitigate risks that could adversely impact the overall success of projects
- Obtain all necessary entitlements, permits and approvals necessary for project execution
- Provide owner representation at public hearings, neighborhood meetings, etc. necessary to gain alignment on project approvals
- Prepares documentation that all contractual contingencies and due diligence items have been satisfied and that the property can be developed and operated as approved by Lowe’s senior management
- Contracts and manages external consultants throughout due diligence, design and construction for a variety of project types with technical experience in site and building design and ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Provides project updates and reporting with the ability to identify risks to feasibility, budget and schedule and proactively resolve them
- Adheres to Lowe’s guidelines and process for site development and continually evaluate practices to lower cost and increase speed to market
- Exhibits effective verbal and written communication skills across a diverse audience
- Effectively participate in a variety of negotiations
- Bachelor's Degree in Architectural, Civil, Structural, or PME Engineering or related field; 10+ years of Knowledge of engineering and architectural design, construction processes and project management, construction estimation, permitting, and due diligence.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Five years or more experience managing design and construction consultants / external vendors.
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Master's Degree in Engineering Construction Management or related field; 7+ years of Experience in real estate development.
- Knowledge of design plans and specifications.
- Professional Engineering certificate and LEED certification
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.