Senior SQE EngineerApply Now Job ID 1582734BR Date posted 04/23/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0917 - IT Order Mgmt
• Assists in developing a formal GQS (Global Quality Services) Framework by applying an understanding of company software testing methodologies, quality standards and internal/external controls
• Promotes continuous improvement and makes recommendations for framework enhancements
• Participates in gate assessments for various SDLC stages with guidance from senior team members as appropriate
• Assists in the development of software quality engineering (SQE) test strategy for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQE domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure stability and traceability
• Identifies, defines and mitigates issues, dependencies and risks related to testing
• Develops and executes front and or back-end test case scenarios in accordance with the GQS framework and company testing methodology
• Identifies and escalates quality risks, issues, conflicts and/or resistance across teams throughout the SDLC
• Assists in the development of software quality engineering (SQE) project plans by participating in the identification of project scope and level-of-effort (LOE) estimates
• Adheres to established SQE processes and controls
• Assist in the development of formal software quality engineering (SQE) test strategy and test plans for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQE domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure stability and traceability while applying an understanding of company software testing methodologies, quality standards and internal/external controls.
• Stay current on industry trends and practices; promotes continuous improvement and makes recommendations.
• Promote continuous improvement and make recommendations for framework enhancements to established SQE processes and controls.
• Determine testing scope and approach; identifies, defines, mitigates issues, dependencies, and risks related to testing; verifies the validation of test data and environment requirements; ensures test plans and timelines are aligned with project/program milestones
• Provide end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for assigned IT initiatives by developing and executing front-end Web UI and back-end RESTful Web Service test case scenarios for both functional and regression testing utilizing Java/Python-based Automation Test Framework– Java, Python, Selenium 2.0 Web driver, TestNG, Maven, RestAssured.
• Tracks software quality metrics across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production Validation)
• Assists in the management of the software defect life cycle; participates in root cause analysis of identified defects; leads entry and exit criteria throughout the SDLC; identifies and escalates quality risks, issues, and conflicts throughout the SDLC; provides daily test execution metrics to IT teams and management as appropriate
• Integrate test automations with automated build and CI/CD process.
• Experience in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment with ability to adapt to short sprint cycles (2-4 weeks).
• Provide test coverage analysis based on automation results and investigate failed automation and manual tests, logging issues as needed.
• Identify, define and mitigate issues, dependencies and risks related to testing.
• Participate in product and feature design reviews with developers.
• Train and mentor junior Quality engineers in automating functional and regression test suites.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 6+ years of experience in the retail industry, working on projects involving the implementation of software development life cycles (SDLC) and working with integration technologies
• Requires an applied understanding of company software testing methodologies, quality standards, and internal and external controls.
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
• 4 years of Java/Python-based test automation experience
• 4 years working with QA automation, QA processes, and reports
• Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
• 6+ years of experience working with third party IT contractors
• Experience with unit testing and using swagger
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#ICYMI, we hosted a #GenerationT kick-off event at a Boston area high school to help bring shop class back to the school and give students hands-on experience learning #tradeskills. Learn more about #GenT here: low.es/2HsBGnj pic.twitter.com/HThfz8CsoY
Our partners at the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (#FLASH), are hosting the #HurricaneAwarenessTour to educates coastal city residents on #hurricanepreparedness. Learn more here: low.es/2Ji1cOa pic.twitter.com/iIW3QIweWM
Lowe's associates still rock their red vests, but our new camo vests make it easy to spot our #militaryveteran employees. Learn more about #LowesLife how we salute our camo-clad employees. #MilitaryAppreciationMonth low.es/2JjCFs5 pic.twitter.com/eHQ5rPDO4Y
Volunteers from Charlotte area @Lowes stores joined @RedCross to install free smoke alarms as part of the #SoundtheAlarm campaign, which we will continue to do in 25 U.S. cities over the next few weeks to help #EndHomeFires. low.es/30gJqjW pic.twitter.com/mDyT0fXXeR
Class is in session at #LowesUniversity. We recently welcomed employees to take part of our week-long Store Manager Learning Experience, to help them grow and gain perspective from Lowe's executive leaders. #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/XpbGPiEZSV
Happy #MothersDay! ❤️ Take some time to make your mom feel special today. What do you love most about your mom? pic.twitter.com/6Ov0uk16Lc
Veteran and Lowe's customer, Joe, transformed pieces and parts into pedals and power. Learn more about how this board tracker enthusiast built a tribute bike with a little help from his friends at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/1Ts2Zz pic.twitter.com/XOPCsofIEm
Looking to make a career change? Lowe's can open doors for you and your future. Join #LowesLife today! sm.lowes.com/s6V74t pic.twitter.com/Y2Z2Dev0qp