Senior Manager Enterprise Risk Management
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management is to drive the development and maturation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework within Lowe’s. This role serves an internal advocate and champion for cultivating and maintaining a risk-aware culture. Builds and executes all activities within the ERM function – risk identification and assessment, mitigation plan development and reporting.
- Drive the development and maturation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework within Lowe’s.
- Manages the risks identification and assessment process for business units and functions across the company.
- Develops ERM metrics and reporting on emerging and onset risks, and the effectiveness of mitigation plans, for Risk Owners, Senior Leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Builds productive partnerships and trust with other key ERM stakeholders and leadership across the enterprise.
- Tactfully yet assertively challenges assumptions and perspectives on risk throughout the organization.
- Partners closely with Strategy, Audit and Planning teams to identify risks within the strategy and assist the business in determining mitigation plans.
- Leads the coordination of third-party risk management efforts.
- Provides ERM advisory services, education and training to leaders and business units across the company. Works as an advocate, salesperson and influencer for ERM at Lowe’s.
- Partners with external agencies and peer companies to coordinate information exchange and leverage best practices for ERM.
- Maintains an ever-growing knowledge of ERM and retail industry trends, best practices and techniques that can be practically applied at Lowe’s.
- Leads, directs and executes on multiple projects simultaneously involving many internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Plans and prepares for the delivery of stated commitments on time and efficiently while focusing on value-added outcomes for the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management or related
- 7+ years of experience in Enterprise Risk Management or related functions OR
- 10+ years of experience in Risk Management, or similar/relevant functions in lieu of degree
- Experience designing and implementing Enterprise Risk Management programs in a large, complex organization, or similar experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management theory, frameworks and their application
- Certified Six Sigma (Green Belt and above)
- Risk certifications
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.