Senior IT Software Engineer - Dev OpsApply Now Job ID 1263061BR Date posted 09/12/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0017 - IT Engineering & Operations Mg
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Do you live and breathe DevOps? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve software development processes leveraging the latest and greatest technology? Lowe's Digital is looking for you!
What you'll do:
Develop and maintain leading edge automated environments. Seek out inefficiencies and design and develop ways out of complex environmental challenges. Leverage leading edge technology solutions to lessen the pain of releasing code for fellow software engineers. Serve as the bridge between QA, Development and Infrastructure.
• Collaborates with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications
• Responsible for the continual automation, integration, and optimization of software build and deployment system.
• Consistently and proactively look for opportunities to automate to improve systems performance. Make recommendations to upper management and lead full rollout and proper transition to operation teams.
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
7+ years of experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
4+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
5+ years of experience in database technologies
Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 2+ years leading a team with or without direct reports
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, SAFe preferred, and CI/CD
- 3+ years working with Build tools such as ANT
- Demonstrated experience in version control systems such as Stash/Git
- Detailed understanding of networking concepts and technologies (e.g., Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDNs)
- 3+ years working with one or more scripting language
- Experience with defining, documenting, and enforcing configuration management processes for a project team
- Prior experience with creation and maintenance of continuous integration pipelines in systems such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experienced with build and dependency management (Maven, Gradle, etc)
- Working knowledge of automated testing frameworks and their integration into the CI process (Junit, LAB, Pact, REST Assured)
- Familiar with static code analysis, automated unit tests, code coverage analyzers, etc. (Sonar, PMD, Cobertura)
- A ninja at troubleshooting and administering Unix systems, dealing with networking issues, setting up databases Experience in AIX and Linux DB2 systems
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
This #job might be a great fit for you: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2JEYoXm #Transportation #WinstonSalem, NC #Hiring
Can you recommend anyone for this #job? Delivery Driver - bit.ly/2LyVlBO #Transportation #Central, SC #Hiring
Bespoke Designs launched as a 6-month pilot to allow customers at our Chelsea, NY location use 3D scanning and printing technologies for home improvement projects. Learn more here: sm.lowes.com/zSq8nL pic.twitter.com/XDOcu3yXlE
Want to work in #Richardson, TX? View our latest opening: bit.ly/2La1zM4 #Transportation #Job #Jobs #Hiring
Store Manager Joey Smith and team donated chairs, buckets, and 30 gallons of paint to The Blind Social Center in Gary, Indiana! Way to go Joey and team for helping a community center in need and supporting a great cause!
#lowes #lowesheroes #loweslife
Was driving in the community yesterday and saw this awesome sign! I’m pretty sure it is the work of Lowe’s of White Lake, #1823 @Straswicki tell us about your Heroes project! #loweslife #givebacktime #lowesheroes @KearneysCircus @HR4Connected pic.twitter.com/JIH27KiP57
“I wear red because we have soldiers deployed everywhere around the world, including my daughter,” Stark said. “She’s currently deployed in Kuwait and we miss her.” Learn how our Lowe's store of Dubuque, Iowa started a powerful trend: sm.lowes.com/lmh9vq pic.twitter.com/avTefMxOkg
Thank you to #LowesHeroes for all your hard work on the FHS Courtyard #TrojanTrue pic.twitter.com/bcyIyksoZ8