Senior Financial Analyst, FP&AApply Now Job ID 1575778BR Date posted 04/10/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0166 - Financial Analysis & Reporting
The Financial Planning & Analysis team is responsible for providing analyses, insights and reporting that help identify the drivers of financial performance and guide appropriate tactical activity.
Lowe’s Finance Charter: We are advocates for our shareholders and customers responsible for partnering with the business to optimize financial outcomes, long-term value creation, and risk mitigation. We are a goal-oriented, continuous-learning organization with deep financial expertise and business acumen. Our success is hinged on our servant leadership and steadfast commitment to People, Financial Stewardship, and Process.
The primary purpose of this role will be to deliver insightful, proactive and timely financial analysis and reporting for the US Home Improvement Business Unit. This high-profile role will collaborate across Finance and other functional teams (i.e. Merchandising, Supply Chain, Store Ops, etc.) to communicate the drivers of enterprise-wide financial performance and effectively influence future decisions on actions to meet financial objectives.
Responsibilities Can Include:
• Design, develop & deliver insightful financial reports, dashboards and analyses for executive leadership
• Management of processes and reporting across Finance in support of BOD meetings and Quarterly Earnings Calls
• Provide in-depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts
• Provide proactive and timely financial analysis that highlights risks and opportunities to drive better business decisions
• Develop and/or enhance existing financial models used to review financials and perform variance analyses
• Solve complex problems and share critical information to enable alignment across the organization
• Drive process improvement initiatives such as reporting automation and evolution, and integrated forecasting and planning
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
• 4+ years’ experience in finance or analytical role
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
• Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, TM1, Hyperion/Essbase, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, etc.)
• Prior FP&A experience desirable
• Exceptional analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with business analysis tools (e.g. APT, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, etc.)
Relocation Assistance Provided to those who qualify!
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job