Senior Finance Manager
Lowe’s is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement retailer serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,000 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Finance Manager to support the Shared Services Finance Team. The Senior Finance Manager will play a lead role in partnering with and supporting the HR, Legal and Finance functions in the strategic and annual planning processes, forecasting, risks and opportunities identification and collation, business case development and management reporting to aid decision making and performance management.
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented leader, with a proven track record of managing a team with competing priorities and providing clear guidance in a fast-paced environment.
Relocation available to those who qualify.
- Working as an active member of the shared services finance team to provide finance analytical support and thought leadership, including recommendations, to the HR, Legal and Finance teams
- Conduct analysis, including building financial and other quantitative models, that generates insights, investment justification (i.e., business case development) and recommendations as inputs to decision making
- Analyze business problems to identify alternative courses of action through analysis and reporting to executive management
- Play a lead role in supporting HR, Legal and Finance in the strategic and annual planning processes, forecasting, risks and opportunities identification and collation, business case development and management reporting to aid decision making and performance management
- Communicate with and engage business partners to ensure appropriate financial insights and opportunities are understood
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field plus 10 years’ relevant work experience ORAdvanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CFA) plus 8 years’ relevant work experience
- People leader with a demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above)
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task, provide financial insight into business issues and provide actionable recommendations
- MBA and / or CPA are strongly preferred
- Experience with business intelligence, General Ledger and reporting tools (MicroStrategy, TM1, Hyperion/Essbase, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, PeopleSoft etc.)
- Experience in supporting HR function is a large public company is a plus
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.