Sr Manager FinanceApply Now Job ID 1512293BR Date posted 01/15/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0164 - Merchandising GFO
Lowe’s is expanding its Finance organization and has positions available in areas supporting Merchandising, Store Operations, and Supply Chain.
Lowe’s Finance Charter:
We are advocates for our shareholders and customers responsible for partnering with the business to optimize financial outcomes, long-term value creation, and risk mitigation. We are a goal-oriented, continuous-learning organization with deep financial expertise and business acumen. Our success is hinged on our servant leadership and steadfast commitment to People, Financial Stewardship, and Process.
The Senior Finance Manager serves as a financial steward in the organization by partnering with leaders in highly visible areas of the business to optimize the financial outcomes of decisions. The Senior Finance Manager accomplishes work through the responsibilities listed below:
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The principle purpose of this role is to partner with business leaders in Merchandising to drive value creation through financial and business leadership from strategy development through execution in order to identify prospective markets and potential opportunities. This includes responsibility for supporting business unit and enterprise scenario planning by developing long-range scenario models, and recommending and executing measurement plans, analytics and coordinated functional scorecards.
• Manages a team of financial analysts who will provide functional support to business units ensuring financial best practices are implemented and followed, reported, and analyzed to identify insights for decision making
• Leverages the Financial Centers of Expertise to provide financial insights to aid in decision making, identification of financial risks and opportunities, and analysis of performance drivers
• Partners with senior leadership (SVPs & VPs) in the business functional areas to provide financial insights, recommendations, and best practices to help the company make effective resource allocation decisions
• Prepares and communicates certain deliverables to senior management and the Board of Directors relating to the portfolio, guardrails, long-range plan and annual operating plan, linking strategy and intent to financial outcomes and measures of success
• Researches issues as identified, reports findings, suggests alternative courses of action, and constantly look for process improvements
• Guides the business units through the financial planning and forecasting processes, leveraging the appropriate data elements for markets and for the industry to support the evaluation of strategic options and alternatives
• Coordinates with other areas of Finance to ensure projected financial outcomes resulting from business plans are properly planned and forecasted
• Oversees the building of processes and enterprise score-carding in an effort to continuously measure the overall health of Lowe's financial portfolio
• Supports the development of the long-range plan (LRP) for the enterprise, containing the aggregation of business unit plans and modeling for “what if” scenario analyses at the enterprise level
• Partners with functional teams to support merchant vendor negotiations to ensure favorable financial outcomes for the enterprise
• Leads the measurement and analysis of key merchandising initiatives to understand root cause and return on investment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
• 7+ years of experience in finance or analytical role
• 2+ years of experience in strategic and financial modeling
• Experience leading people directly or indirectly
• Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) based systems, multi-dimensional databases, such as TM1, Hyperion or Essebase
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr)
• Prior experience in the retail industry in a business facing role
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
RT @Lowes: Lowe's is proud to offer 10% off eligible purchases every day to active military personnel and veterans.
Thank you to all the students who came out! Learn more about our student events here: low.es/2XktrQq 👩🎓👨🎓
When Lowe's heard that Michigan resident Danny Newland's snowblower had been stolen, we knew we had to replace it. It was a snow brainer! Learn more about the story here: sm.lowes.com/LiGeaP
Transitioning from the military can be daunting. Lowe's Executive Vice President, Joe McFarland, knows from first-hand experience. Read this Q&A with him and learn how he made the most of his transition: sm.lowes.com/XLpfsW #TransitioningVeterans #MilitaryHiring pic.twitter.com/j1dc2mhdtJ
A seasonal position at Lowe's can blossom into a rewarding, full-time career. Join our team this #SpringHire season! 🌸 Discover available roles here: sm.lowes.com/irOsUV pic.twitter.com/S6ESJJy509
No winter blues here. Our team in Lowell, MA is all smiles! Discover how you can join the team here: sm.lowes.com/5dykWe #SpringHire pic.twitter.com/Ez8a4hhOhC
Whether you're a rookie or veteran employee, there's room to grow at Lowe's. Discover fresh #SpringHire opportunities and join our team here: sm.lowes.com/SLGeyK pic.twitter.com/XLJpPZxd2i
It's raining cats and jobs! Say hello to Lola, our feline friend in Sulphur Springs, TX. Get a red vest like hers by joining our team right meow! 🐱 #SpringHire #SulphurSprings #Texashttp://sm.lowes.com/3HRNzX pic.twitter.com/Qfid5TmyUO