Senior/Expert Software Engineer - Digital Search Team
Lowe’s has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to support complex back end and modern data solutions for our Lowes.com digital search team.
This is a permanent role based in the Global Technology Center in Charlotte, NC.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Collaborates with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (STEM)
• 6+ years of professional experience in software engineering or data engineering
• 3+ years of experience working with advanced back-end technologies such as Spring Microservices, NoSQL databases, Spark, and/or Data Lake solutions.
• 1+ year(s) of Cloud experience (Azure, PCF, GCP, or AWS – Google Cloud preferred)
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (STEM)
• Prior experience working for a large organization (Global / Fortune 500 / etc.) is preferred, and prior experience working in the retail domain would be a plus.
• Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins) would be nice to have.
• Proficiency with data streaming would be helpful (Kafka).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
For immediate consideration please apply now!
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.