Purpose of the Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with the Audit Manager, Senior Auditor II, and project teams by actively participating in planning, developing and executing of audit testing, and preparing inputs to written communication and deliverables for audit engagements involving the use of data analytic skills, process analysis, and critical thinking. In addition, this role is responsible for delivering oral or written reports and communications to clients and assists in training less experiences auditors. Overall, this role will assist in audits that evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls established to manage Lowe's most significant risks.
- Identifies and documents weaknesses in control design and processes that do not comply with regulations, laws, and standards or do not comply with the organization's policies and operating procedures
- Performs survey data work and conduct analysis to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
- Develops visio process flow charts analyzing processes and work papers from risk assessment and testing controls, documenting results according to audit methodologies
- Project management responsibilities for smaller projects through day-to-day project management, by discussing expectations with the team, maintaining consistent communication throughout the audit engagement, and through reviewing Staff Auditor summarization of audit findings and results
- Manages client relationships to ensure project timelines are met and reports audit exceptions and other concerns to audit management
- Participates in rotational committee work such as the internal quality reviews, issue follow up, training coordination, and quarterly risk assessment to gain extensive knowledge and experience in key audit functional areas
Required Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND
- 3-5 years of Experience in internal/external audit or relevant business experience. Demonstrated experience in managing project teams
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or related field
- Retail business experience preferred
- Domestic Travel Monthly:
- Multiple nights
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.