Senior AccountantApply Now Job ID 1595028BR Date posted 05/15/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0024 - Margin & Cost Accounting
Margin Accounting serves as the primary finance contact intermediary for Lowe’s merchandise inventory buyers with respect to vendor funded arrangements (promotional funds, inventory markdown funds, consumer rebates, etc.). This department also ensures proper accounting methods are used to track, record, and collect these funds from vendor partners. Accounting pronouncements such as FASB Accounting Standards Codification Topic 605 (legacy standard: EITF 02-16) are used as guidelines for accounting treatment. A Senior Margin Accountant in this group is responsible for managing the relationship between the margin accounting department and their assigned merchant categories, ensuring that proper accounting and record-keeping occurs on Lowe’s financial records.
- The Senior Margin Accountant is a key member of a team responsible for the administration, tracking, accrual, and collection of vendor funds.
- This position will assist merchandising with Financial Process flows, analyzing non-standard purchase and sales agreements for potential GAAP issues, and provide ad hoc reporting as requested.
- The Senior Margin Accountant must be a team contributor with leadership qualities and be able to communicate effectively and develop relationships with various levels and departments. This position is the primary Accounting contact for the assigned Merchandising division(s) and related vendors.
- The Senior Margin Accountant would follow the departmental risk audit approach policies and lead quarterly (at a minimum) review meetings with Merchandising to review allowance programs and vendor funded items.
- This position also entails frequent communication and interaction with the vendor community
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or another Business related field
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills (excel, access, VATS, mainframe)
- Excellent leadership skills (able to build relationships across Finance and Merchandising, as well as with vendors)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer
- Must successfully clear contingency screenings (background and substance abuse)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#ICYMI, we hosted a #GenerationT kick-off event at a Boston area high school to help bring shop class back to the school and give students hands-on experience learning #tradeskills. Learn more about #GenT here: low.es/2HsBGnj pic.twitter.com/HThfz8CsoY
Our partners at the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (#FLASH), are hosting the #HurricaneAwarenessTour to educates coastal city residents on #hurricanepreparedness. Learn more here: low.es/2Ji1cOa pic.twitter.com/iIW3QIweWM
Lowe's associates still rock their red vests, but our new camo vests make it easy to spot our #militaryveteran employees. Learn more about #LowesLife how we salute our camo-clad employees. #MilitaryAppreciationMonth low.es/2JjCFs5 pic.twitter.com/eHQ5rPDO4Y
Volunteers from Charlotte area @Lowes stores joined @RedCross to install free smoke alarms as part of the #SoundtheAlarm campaign, which we will continue to do in 25 U.S. cities over the next few weeks to help #EndHomeFires. low.es/30gJqjW pic.twitter.com/mDyT0fXXeR
Class is in session at #LowesUniversity. We recently welcomed employees to take part of our week-long Store Manager Learning Experience, to help them grow and gain perspective from Lowe's executive leaders. #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/XpbGPiEZSV
Happy #MothersDay! ❤️ Take some time to make your mom feel special today. What do you love most about your mom? pic.twitter.com/6Ov0uk16Lc
Veteran and Lowe's customer, Joe, transformed pieces and parts into pedals and power. Learn more about how this board tracker enthusiast built a tribute bike with a little help from his friends at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/1Ts2Zz pic.twitter.com/XOPCsofIEm
Looking to make a career change? Lowe's can open doors for you and your future. Join #LowesLife today! sm.lowes.com/s6V74t pic.twitter.com/Y2Z2Dev0qp