Senior Accountant (Corporate Accounting)Apply Now Job ID 1629586BR Date posted 07/11/2019 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Location Name Mooresville, NC (SSC) Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Corporate Department LWS_USA_Corporate Controller Mgmt.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting is primarily responsible for Balance Sheet accounting, analysis, and reporting. Day-to-day activities include analyzing transactional data and results, calculating and preparing journal entries to facilitate the close cycle, general ledger account reconciliations, and preparing formal analyses for management reporting. The Senior Accountant will also complete other special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
To accomplish this, the Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting must have detailed knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), an intermediate knowledge of common business financial practices, and be proficient in a fast-paced, deadline-driven corporate accounting environment.
The Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting is also required to collaborate with other Finance teams, including FP&A (Corporate Planning) and External Reporting & Policy, as well as other functional areas within the organization, including Risk Management, to facilitate the timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
- Performs on-going accounting for multiple key financial reporting areas in accordance with US GAAP, including Self-Insurance Liabilities, Debt, and various other financial reporting lines, which together represent a significant portion of the Company’s Consolidated Balance Sheet.
- Calculates and prepares journal entries in accordance with US GAAP to facilitate the close cycle
- Performs analysis of accounts for change drivers and proper classification
- Prepares audit requests from both Internal Audit and External Audit for purposes of completing their quarterly review and year-end audit procedures as well internal control testing procedures.
- Prepares comprehensive financial reporting for management and the audit committee
- Consults as a subject matter expert in designated processes
- Collaborates with other teams to serve as a resource and support function
- Continuous review of accounting controls and operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting or a large corporate accounting environment
- Experience with financial reporting and monthly close processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish necessary tasks
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or MBA candidate
- Experience with a PeopleSoft General Ledger or another large ERP system
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Access
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav