Senior Accountant (Capital Asset Accounting)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to manage complex lease accounting transactions, record capital asset accounting entries and resolve issues in accounting records to enable accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes responsibility for researching accounting issues, preparing journal entries and financial reports, and reviewing work on lease and asset related activities in accordance with US GAAP. In addition, this role executes internal controls over financial and regulatory reporting, by working independently to apply experienced accounting judgment and knowledge of US GAAP and regulatory requirements in daily activity. Role will also share dual ownership of our lease administration tool, AMTDirect, with our Real Estate partners. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure accuracy of lease data within the module, recording journal entries related to leases and capital assets and developing accurate forecasts for these areas of responsibility.
- Executes financial activities in a timely and efficient manner, with a focus on activities that require applying practiced knowledge of moderately complex systems, business processes, and US GAAP principles to unique situations
- Prepares and evaluates reports to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
- Performs analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
- Reviews reports, analysis and reconciliations prepared by Accountants to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
- Researches various financial activities to identify moderately complex issues, explaining findings to principle accountants, managers, and directors to determine resolution
- Manages small projects/initiatives and/or participates in broader projects, working with and directing teams within a finance function to deliver the best solutions to financial issues
- Maintains appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for accounting transactions and entries
- Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment
- Partners with team and the business in order to identify transaction issues and procedure improvement opportunities to more-effectively support the needs of the Finance organization
- Mentors and trains lower level accounting employees in the development of accounting skills, knowledge of key principles, regulations, etc.
- Works with external (regulatory and third party) and independent auditors for transactions to provide required data and information to ensure accuracy
- Executes testing around financial controls to provide documentation and support for SOX compliance in respective financial area
- H.S. Diploma with 6+ years' experience in accounting (public or private) or relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
- Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field with 4+ years of experience in accounting (public or private) or relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field with 2+ years of experience in accounting (public or private) or relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Accounting or related field with 1+ years of Advanced skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
- Lowe's finance or accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.