Lead Security Analyst - Risk ManagementApply Now Job ID 1516633BR Date posted 01/09/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0126 - IT Security Governance
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Lead Security Analyst is primarily responsible for overseeing all programs, projects and changes within the organization to determine and categorize the risk of these activities as it pertains to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information being process, stored, or transmitted. The Lead Security Analyst is also responsible for ensuring that Lowe’s is meeting/exceeding all compliance requirements.
To accomplish this, the Lead Security Analyst must have knowledge of; business process security, data security and classification, infrastructure design, authorization and access control security, risk analysis/management, regulatory compliances (PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc), network design and security, vulnerability assessments and mitigation.
The Lead Security Analyst works closely with program and project teams in order to ensure security is thought about in the requirements phase of the program and followed through implementation. This role is highly motivated and possess strong, hands on technical knowledge of a wide range of information security/business continuity controls and the process used for evaluating control design and effectiveness. Additionally, the Lead Security Analyst must possess superior written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of management
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENTS
- Ability to analyze complex technical and business requirements from a security perspective and make appropriate recommendations to reduce the over-all risk to Lowe’s.
- Understand and discuss security policies and standards and how they align to their customers.
- Understand the different regulatory compliance standards and can communicate how they are applicable.
- Evaluation of IT controls to reduce the impact of internal and external IT audits
- Evaluate/interpret SOX IT Audit, PCI DSS and Privacy requirements and provide guidance to process and control owners on how to comply with the requirements.
- Assist project teams to evaluate IT Risk and Compliance considerations for projects
- Assist in performing enterprise risk assessments
- Review contracts in support of Third Party risk management objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field plus 6 years of experience or 8+ years of experience in Information Security
- 4+ years of experience as a Senior Security Analyst or equivalent
- Strong ability to articulate business risks of technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Knowledge of core Information Security concepts related to Governance, Risk & compliance
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure (network and servers), services and security policies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to act independently and exercise good judgment as well as the ability to work cross functionally and create virtual teams is essential
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Up to 10% travel is required for this role
- Demonstrated understanding of internal security controls, assess risks and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk, and Compliance process, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of GRC Applications and tools, like Archer, Keylight, ServiceNow
- Prior exposure to, and experience with, SOX IT Audit, PCI DSS, and Privacy regulations
- Prior exposure to NIST CSF, ISO, and other frameworks
- Experience managing projects and leading cross functional teams
- Certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), GIAC Critical Controls Certification (GCCC), or GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC).
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with and influence internal and external partners on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Enjoy being a hands-on helper? As a Lowe's associate, "How-To Clinics" will give you a unique chance to connect with customers and share your home improvement skills. As seen here, one of our specialists, Karen, did an amazing job teaching how to install a backsplash! http://sm.lowes.com/0gkeMW
When Lowe's learned about a teacher at Almira Elementary in Cleveland, OH, raising money for a washer/dryer set, we wanted to lighten the load by donating new machines. We're pleased our team could help out the school and ensure that the students would have clean clothes. #LowesLife
Lowe's #disasterrelief efforts are going toward helping communities affected by recent tornadoes in Alabama and Georgia. Learn more about how we're helping with recovery: sm.lowes.com/zxfbZ9 #LowesHeroes pic.twitter.com/FEuQ1TdyWN
When the Lowe's team in Cleveland, OH, heard that a local teacher was raising money to buy a washer/dryer set for her school, we wanted to help. Lowe's decided to lighten the load and donate new machines. In return, the students are showing Lowe's some love. #LowesLife
This #WomensHistoryMonth we're celebrating our longest-tenured associate Judy Wood and her 45 years as a member of the Lowe's family. Find out why she loves #LowesLife: sm.lowes.com/gZybKG #EmployeeAppreciation pic.twitter.com/e0DAVO9M3v
Blossom by blossom, spring begins! What's your favorite thing about spring? http://sm.lowes.com/g5mDwZ
It's the #firstdayofspring and fresh Lowe's jobs are sprouting up all over, just take your pick! To find #SpringHiring opportunities click here: sm.lowes.com/rs5PoI pic.twitter.com/lmeMRrfatI
Goodbye winter, hello spring! Thousands of jobs that can easily bloom into a fulfilling, long-term career are waiting for you. Join us at Lowe's and see how your future can flourish. Find all #SpringHiring opportunities here: http://sm.lowes.com/DGdqzj