Scrum MasterApply Now Job ID 1580801BR Date posted 04/25/2019 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0731 - IT MDM & MCTC
Successful candidates will be able to drive the team forward, and interface effectively with business users and stakeholders.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Scrum Master is responsible for guiding 1-2 team(s) through the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values for the purpose of delivering quality software and solutions back to the organization. This person must build trusted relationships with the team and with their stakeholders (Product Managers, Solutions Managers, etc) to ensure the needs of all team members are being met.
Performs all prescribed scrum master duties including (but not limited to): removing impediments for the team, inspecting the team's performance through key team metrics and facilitating process improvement discussions to optimize the team's reliability, predictability and output.
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of software solutions by maintaining information radiators (metrics) and making them transparent to management, by keeping the team is focused on the right priorities, and ensuring the team is continuously improving. The unique skills required for effective performance in this job include product and release planning, stakeholder management, risk management, agile ceremony facilitation, and an understanding of a variety of software delivery methods.
- Ensures the team follows standard agile processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. Facilitates team in defining Working Agreements, Definition of Ready, Definition of Done and then ensures those agreements are upheld.
- Facilitates agile ceremonies: daily stand-up (scrum) meetings, retrospectives, demos, backlog grooming/refinement, backlog sizing, sprint planning. Understands and uses a variety of techniques to continuously optimize ceremonies and team participation and engagement.
- Identifies and helps to remove impediments, escalates impediments to the product and solutions manager; recommends ways to resolve impediments, and influences leadership to take action on these recommendations.
- Helps team inspect and adapt process through retrospectives, data/metrics tracking and creating a safe, trusting environment with space to grow. Coaching them to higher levels of performance.
- Assists with internal and external communication, and improving transparency by creating visible information radiators (burn-downs, velocity chart, etc), dashboards and demos. Provides metric reports to assist in product roadmap planning.
- Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work directly. Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Observes team interactions and uses emotional intelligence to discuss observations in a safe, trusting environment.
- Support product planning by participating in release planning discussions. Supports during execution through understanding of priority and sequencing required to deliver efficiently. Guides team in commitment making and sprint completion.
- Holds team (product, development, QA, etc team members) accountable for delivery commitments. Helps team identify when commitments are at risk, and helps team determine possible solutions to ensure commitments are met.
- Be an agile subject matter expert and provide strategic influence with the product / business and other engineering organizations.
- Ensures team’s backlogs are sufficiently full at all times (at minimum 3-4 sprints worth of work defined).
- Practices servant-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive efforts forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific efforts by applying expertise in subject area; partnering internally and externally to make effective decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or impediments as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- Become a subject matter expert in Product MDM domain.
- Bachelor's Degree: Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field AND 4+ IT or related business experience
- 3+ years Experience providing project, product, or team leadership.
- Experience working in a large matrixed organization
- 2+ years Experience working in a large matrixed organization
- Experience performing the Scrum Master for a software development team utilizing SDLC OR equivalent experience
- 1-2 years Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban, TDD, etc.) and toolsets (Atlassian suite, etc)
- 4+ years Experience in software development team
- 2+ years Corporate retail experience
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- CSP certification
- 1 or more certifications from the ICAgile Certified Expert Agile Coaching track
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management fundamentals as defined by the Project Management Institute in the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Experience in managing large multi-geography (global) teams
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#ICYMI, we hosted a #GenerationT kick-off event at a Boston area high school to help bring shop class back to the school and give students hands-on experience learning #tradeskills. Learn more about #GenT here: low.es/2HsBGnj pic.twitter.com/HThfz8CsoY
Our partners at the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (#FLASH), are hosting the #HurricaneAwarenessTour to educates coastal city residents on #hurricanepreparedness. Learn more here: low.es/2Ji1cOa pic.twitter.com/iIW3QIweWM
Lowe's associates still rock their red vests, but our new camo vests make it easy to spot our #militaryveteran employees. Learn more about #LowesLife how we salute our camo-clad employees. #MilitaryAppreciationMonth low.es/2JjCFs5 pic.twitter.com/eHQ5rPDO4Y
Volunteers from Charlotte area @Lowes stores joined @RedCross to install free smoke alarms as part of the #SoundtheAlarm campaign, which we will continue to do in 25 U.S. cities over the next few weeks to help #EndHomeFires. low.es/30gJqjW pic.twitter.com/mDyT0fXXeR
Class is in session at #LowesUniversity. We recently welcomed employees to take part of our week-long Store Manager Learning Experience, to help them grow and gain perspective from Lowe's executive leaders. #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/XpbGPiEZSV
Happy #MothersDay! ❤️ Take some time to make your mom feel special today. What do you love most about your mom? pic.twitter.com/6Ov0uk16Lc
Veteran and Lowe's customer, Joe, transformed pieces and parts into pedals and power. Learn more about how this board tracker enthusiast built a tribute bike with a little help from his friends at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/1Ts2Zz pic.twitter.com/XOPCsofIEm
Looking to make a career change? Lowe's can open doors for you and your future. Join #LowesLife today! sm.lowes.com/s6V74t pic.twitter.com/Y2Z2Dev0qp