Regional Field Merchandising DirectorApply Now Job ID 1495679BR Date posted 12/07/2018 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name Lowe's Region II Office, NC Address 11020 David Taylor Drive, Suite 400 Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0162 - Field Merch - West
To accomplish this, the Regional Field Merchandising Director must understand the merchandising needs of the regions and markets they serve. The Regional Field Merchandising Director will meet with the store teams, vendors, and the customer to get a full understanding on what the opportunity maybe for localized merchandising.
The Regional Field Merchandising Director will focus on building and strengthening relationships with Regional and Market teams, Core Merchandising, and vendors to secure the best opportunities for Lowe’s and proactively meet the needs of customers.
• Provides product expertise to the field
• Coordinates and manages projects and initiatives to realization.
• Identifies and drives new opportunities to improve product performance for each category.
• Participates in the planning of product placement within the stores as defined by Store Planning.
• Consistently understands the product offering of all competitors in the market and the potential impact to Lowe’s.
• Regularly visits Lowe’s stores and those of the competitors to better understand the needs of the product categories and helping to resolve pricing conflicts
• Researches the market place for new and innovative product idea
• Maintains a professional and productive relationship with vendors to ensure all product opportunities are identified and responded to effectively.
• Communicates and interacts with vendors to ensure execution of Merchandising plans.
• Advising Core Merchandising current and prospective vendors as needed to secure best cost options and best opportunities for Lowe’s.
• Ensures that vendors and suppliers understand the requirement to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the conduct of their business with Lowe's Companies, Inc.
• Understand the localize laws and codes to ensure Lowe’s is compliant
• Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency.
• Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how the Merchandising team works within the organization.
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field.
• Works closely with Store Operations, Merchandising Services and Merchandising teams to deliver localized programs that drive results in an efficient and timely manner.
• Help advice and delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them.
• Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility.
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient.
• Works independently with little supervision, maintains a high level of engagement
• Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members
• Bachelors Degree in Business or related field and
• 5+ years experience in one or more of the following: purchasing, buying, sales, merchandising, brand management or related field OR
• 8+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: purchasing, buying sales, merchandising, brand management, or related field
• Demonstrated experience leading and working with cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
• 4+ years experience in retail product merchandising
• 2+ years experience working in retail industry
• Experience working with relevant product category
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
A “Veterans Tree” operated by the employees of the Mountain Home Lowe’s home improvement store will make the holiday season a little brighter for area veterans. Learn why: sm.lowes.com/HeRhzQ pic.twitter.com/JFZsHkmTbn
Excellent Opportunity! Come join a great team. jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
Excellent Opportunity! Apply Today... jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
Immediate Need. Excellent Opportunity. jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.a…
“Lowe’s is continuously working to offset our carbon footprint, and we’re proud to announce today’s commitment to renewable wind energy, a first for our company,” said Chris Cassell, Lowe’s director of corporate sustainability. Learn more here: http://sm.lowes.com/W5z2Pm
We're celebrating the grand opening of our new Direct Fulfillment Center in #Tennessee. Learn what this will mean for our customers: sm.lowes.com/IRTV7w pic.twitter.com/GIW7Rcniam